BARC planting, Friday, Nov. 10 10:00 am

Bruce Levine

Nov 6, 2023, 4:26:16 PM11/6/23
to md-tacf-bo...@googlegroups.com, MD-TACF Orchard Volunteers
Hi Folks.  Our regional science coordinator will arrive on Friday with the seedlings around noon, probably.  She'll also bring a bunch of gypsum soil additive to help break up the clay.

How about we plan to meet there around 10?   We can laying out the plot, dig the holes and put in the posts and tubes and tags.   We can reuse material that is already there.   Then when Cassie arrives, we can make quick work of the 60 or so seedlings she is bringing.

We will be using 4 inch auguers powered by Ron's electric cordless drills. It works.  We do not need to make such deep holes like we did last time (in 2021).

Bring gloves and  kneepads if you have them.

All shoes and tools will need to be sprayed with bleach when we're done so we don't move phytophthora to WSSC or CMREC.

Best, Bruce

So far we have 5 people including Cassie.   Could use 1-2 more...