[MCX Announcement] MCX/NeuroJSON joint in-person training workshop June 23-26 2024, registration is now open!

Qianqian Fang

Apr 9, 2024, 11:53:32 AMApr 9
to MCX-...@listserv.neu.edu, mcx-...@googlegroups.com, mcx-...@googlegroups.com, mmc-...@googlegroups.com

(You received this message because you are a registered user of MCX (https://mcx.space) - an open-source Monte Carlo photon transport simulator - and had indicated that you wanted to be notified for future updates in your registration form. If you are no longer interested in this software, please feel free to click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email. In that case, we apologize for the inconvenience.)

Dear MCX/MMC registered users,

We have not run dedicated in-personal workshop over the last 4 years due to the pandemic, and we missed you so much!

I am excited to let you know that our in-person training workshop is finally coming back, and growing even stronger! We have a lot to share!

We will be holding our 5th International MCX Training Workshop (Day 1-2) joint with our Inaugural (1st) NeuroJSON Open-data Workshop/Hackathon (Day 3-4) between June 23-26 2024 on the Boston campus of Northeastern University, USA.

  • The MCX training workshop will give detailed hands-on training on all the software packages that we have extensively improved/extended over the past 5 years, and utilize MCX Cloud and Google Colab Jupyter Notebook for interactive training.
  • We will also officially launch our extensively developed (for two decades) comprehensive DOT image reconstruction MATLAB/Octave toolbox, Redbird-m, that is behind nearly all of our breast DOT publications.
  • NeuroJSON workshop will also include training on large-scale data analysis using MCX/MMC with the free data resources on NeuroJSON.io.

Event Address:        ISEC (805 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA)
Dates:                       June 23-24 (MCX Training Workshop) and June 25-26 (NeuroJSON Workshop/Hackathon)
Website:                   https://mcx.space, https://neurojson.org, https://neurojson.io
Tentative agenda:   Coming soon!

Seats are limited, please use the below link to register at your earliest convenience to secure your enrollment.

https://mcx.space/register/workshop/2024A

We also provide funding (competitive) to support 2-3 students traveling from other institutions to join our training events. If you are interested in applying for the travel grant (covering up to $500 per domestic student and $1000 per international student), please indicate so in the below registration form, and submit an application, including your up-to-date CV, a 2-page personal statement and minimum 1 support letter within 10 days after the registration. Details can be found in the registration form. Low-cost campus housing options are also provided.

There is also a possibility that we may organize a second in-person MCX/NeuroJSON training workshop in the middle of August. This is still to be determined - but we will let you know once the decision is decided.

We are looking forward to welcoming you, our friends, collaborators, and users in Boston in June!

Qianqian