Independence from Corporate Rule

Mike Hersh

Jul 2, 2014, 12:44:38 PM7/2/14
to mi...@pdamerica.org, Mina Itabashi
PDA's Educate Congress letter drops this month are focused on constitutional amendments to end corporate personhood. (See link http://pdacommunity.org/issues/educate-congress and below).

We need people to deliver letters in every district in Maryland and on Capitol Hill. If we can pull it together, we'd like to also hold a rally in Maryland and/or on Capitol Hill. Please let me know if you're interested in one or more of those actions on or around July 16th.

Also, please contact Mina Itabashi at MIta...@citizen.org if you can help her organize against "fast track" and terrible (so-called) trade deals. She needs a few people to step up for July 4th at parades in Hoyer's and Delaney's districts. There will be more actions in the critical months ahead.

Best,
Mike

Join us for July Letter Drops, mostly on the 16th

Contact Co...@PDAmerica.org for more information on letter drops
Join the Phone Team to make follow up calls | LD Overview

Progressive Democrats of America (PDA) supporters will deliver letters to our Senators and Representatives calling upon them to cosponsor legislation to protect andreaffirm political and legal rights for people--not corporations.

Senate Letter | House Letter Organizing call (coming soon)

July Agenda: Independence from Corporate Tyranny

SJ Res 18 and SJ Res 19 / HJ Res 20HJ Res 21, and HJ Res 29: Joint Resolutions to enact Constitutional Amendments declaring that the rights protected by the Constitution are for natural persons. Also declaring that Congress and the states shall have the power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents re: federal and state elections respectively.

S. 1282: 21st Century Glass-Steagall Act to reduce risks to the financial system by limiting banks' ability to engage in certain risky activities and conflicts of interest, to reinstate certain provisions of the Glass-Steagall Act.

S. 985: Return to Prudent Banking Act to repeal certain provisions of theGramm-Leach-Bliley Act and revive the separation between commercial banking and the securities business, in the manner provided in the Banking Act of 1933, aka the Glass-Steagall Act.

HR 1579: The Inclusive Prosperity Act to create a micro tax on speculative securities trades to raise up to $350 billion dollars a year in revenues.

HR 4754: The Managed Carbon Price Act to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Opposing
 S. 2083: The American Job Creation and Strategic Alliances LNG Actthat would favor interests of certain corporations above protecting human lives and the environment.

Work with our Issue Teams to help develop our ongoing Agenda!

View our Past and Future Priorities