BIG lunch roundtable meeting TOMORROW!

1 view

Mike Hersh

Sep 28, 2012, 1:26:26 PM9/28/12

Ready for Action?

RSVP - Wheaton Roundtable

With only a bit more than a month before the November 6th election, PDA is hosting a round table discussion about our ongoing Healthcare Not Warfare campaign, and we invite you to participate. We’ll talk about healthcare as a human right and about PDA’s unflinching drive to make that a reality in the United States.

As a Marylander, I am pleased to welcome PDA’s national director Tim Carpenter to the event and look forward to a lively interchange about where we are now and where we hope to be as we fight for healthcare as a human right under an improved and expanded Medicare for all for life model, HR1200 and HR676, and join our allies, like National Nurses United (NNU), in the push for the Robin Hood Tax, HR6411. As is usual for PDA gatherings, Tim promises us to expect some special guests. [State Senator Roger Manno, Andrew Duck--former candidate for Congress, Jennifer Gore from Keith Ellison's Office, more!]

We’ve had a great season of activity, including hosting Progressive Central in Charlotte and hearing Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, author of HR6411, and Michael Lighty, public policy director of NNU, discuss the Robin Hood Tax. You can watch the video here.

On Saturday at the round table, we’ll hear more about the national day of action on the Robin Hood Tax coming up on October 2nd, and we want you to be part of helping focus our work on movement building through the elections and into 2013. Please join us for this important discussion!

11:30 to 2:30 Saturday September 29
Saigonese Restaurant,
11232 Grandview Ave
Wheaton MD 20902

A few blocks from Wheaton Metro (parking on the street and in lot)

RSVP ASAP limited spaces available. I cannot wait to see you on Saturday.

Peace,

Donna Smith
National Co-chair, PDA Healthcare Not Warfare campaign