Host a call party! Motivate voters in swing states!

1 Aufruf
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Mike Hersh

ungelesen,
10.09.2012, 11:52:1410.09.12
an

The stakes are high this election season. A victory for the Romney-Ryan ticket would be a disaster for America—and right now, the 1% "dream team" has a real shot at winning thanks to a handful of billionaires like Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers, who are pouring millions into Romney’s campaign. If we're going to win, progressives are going to have to out-hustle conservatives on the ground.

Over the past decade, we’ve built a powerful member-driven election machine, and this year, we’re even stronger. We’re teaming up with Worker's Voice, an AFL-CIO affiliate, for a massive grassroots get-out-the-vote program in key presidential swing states. This  partnership represents 19 million people who will work together to knock on millions of doors and turn out hundreds of thousands of voters on Election Day.

If we can make 1 million calls to MoveOn members in battleground states, we can turn out enough volunteers to tip the balance in November—despite the mega-spending of conservative billionaires and GOP voter-suppression efforts.

To generate the number of calls we need, we’re kicking off a nationwide call party program the weekend of September 15th and 16th—followed by five more rounds of weekend call parties before Election Day. It's our best chance to make sure that this election, and our government, isn't bought and paid for by corporations and the 1%. Plus, call parties are fun! You’ll meet other progressives in your community and be part of a nationwide movement to stop the 1% takeover of our democracy.

Can your organize at least one call party between now and Election Day?

The deadline for the first round of call parties is TONIGHT at 8pm. If you have not posted an event, please do so asap.

You can post your events here: http://www.moveon.org/organize/callparty2012/

2012 Election Call Parties

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor