Protest Paul Ryan TOMORROW!

1 view

Mike Hersh

Apr 25, 2012, 9:09:53 PM4/25/12

Each day, more and more faith leaders are speaking out against Paul Ryan’s un-Christian budget. The chorus of opposition has gotten so loud that Ryan is now defending his budget to Christian audiences with Christian language and images. This Thursday morning, he’s appearing at Georgetown University in Washington DC to deliver a keynote address on the (im)morality of his budget.

Catholics United wants to make sure the media hears the other side of the story.

Will you join us in a respectful protest of Paul Ryan’s plan to slash services for the poor and elderly, all while rewarding the rich with tax cuts?

We will have a fifty-foot banner that reads: “Were You There When They Crucified the Poor” and we’ll have an actor playing “GOP Jesus” available to answer any questions you may have.  Now we just need to make sure we have enough people on hand to make sure the media takes us seriously.

What: Protest of Paul Ryan's budget
When: Thursday morning, April 26th 9:45 to 11:15 a.m.
Where: Healy Hall Georgetown, 37th and O St. NW
Why: Because Jesus came to bring good news to the poor

Join Catholics United on Thursday morning as we protest the immortality of Paul Ryan’s budget.

We are not protesting Paul Ryan’s right to speak on campus. We are protesting his argument that slashing programs for the poor and elderly is consistent with the teachings of Jesus. Together we are changing the debate on faith and values in American. Will you help us make a strong statement Thursday morning and join us at Georgetown?

If you're not on Facebook, but still want to RSVP, send me an email at jmi...@catholics-united.org.

Sincerely,
Jason Miller
Catholics United Organizer

PS: Check out the great flyer that we made for the event and feel free to pass it along!