Talk offers

alecthegeek (Alec Clews)

Aug 4, 2010, 7:29:03 PM8/4/10
to Melbourne City Lunchtime Brown Bags
I have some talks handy I can offer (presented before at other venues)

1) How to be a better consultant (20-30 mins)
2) How to manage a consultant (20-30 mins)
3) Things I learned from being in a failed startup (20-30 mins)
4) Software deployment with GIt (30-40 mins)
5) Building software under Git -- a line of sight from dev to prod (40
mins)

I also have some beginners talks on Git, SW config management and
shell scripting

Any use/interest?

Cheers

Alec

James Ladd

Aug 4, 2010, 7:31:04 PM8/4/10
to mc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alec,

Thank you for stepping forward to give a presentation to MCLBB.
I'm sure all of your topics would interest participants.

Can we schedule you in for the first Brown Bag (coming soon) to give talk
3) Things I learned from being in a failed startup (20-30 mins) ?

Rgs, James.

Jimmy P

Aug 4, 2010, 8:17:07 PM8/4/10
to Melbourne City Lunchtime Brown Bags
I'd be interested in the Git talks

Ash

Aug 4, 2010, 9:44:02 PM8/4/10
to Melbourne City Lunchtime Brown Bags
I second the motion to present:

On Aug 5, 9:31 am, James Ladd <ladd.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alec,
>
> Thank you for stepping forward to give a presentation to MCLBB.
> I'm sure all of your topics would interest participants.
>
> Can we schedule you in for the first Brown Bag (coming soon) to give talk
> 3) Things I learned from being in a failed startup (20-30 mins) ?
>
> Rgs, James.
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:29 AM, alecthegeek (Alec Clews) <

Alec Clews

Aug 4, 2010, 11:42:12 PM8/4/10
to mc...@googlegroups.com
On 05/08/10 09:31, James Ladd wrote:

> Can we schedule you in for the first Brown Bag (coming soon) to give talk
> 3) Things I learned from being in a failed startup (20-30 mins) ?

Done. What is soon? Assume next meeting is 7/Sept?

--
Alec Clews
Personal <alec....@gmail.com> Melbourne, Australia.

James Ladd

Aug 4, 2010, 11:47:52 PM8/4/10
to mc...@googlegroups.com
Im thinking it would be nice to have the meetings twice a month, since most of
the presentations are likely to be re-runs from other events.

I'm thinking the 1st and 15th of the month.

What do others want?

Robert Postill

Aug 4, 2010, 11:49:21 PM8/4/10
to mc...@googlegroups.com
I'd be a once a month kinda guy as the other events on my calendar
leave me kinda squeezed for time as it is...

Rob