#1 Brown Bag TODAY

jamesl

Sep 6, 2010, 5:39:09 PM9/6/10
to Melbourne City Lunchtime Brown Bags
Today is the first Melbourne City Lunchtime Brown Bag at JDS Offices.
See you there for a start at 12:30 sharp!

Korny Sietsma

Sep 6, 2010, 8:05:43 PM9/6/10
to mc...@googlegroups.com
Probably worth repeating the address: http://www.jds.net.au/contact-us/

James, is there any trick to getting in?  I guess an advantage of lunchtime events is we won't have hassles with locked doors...

- Korny

--
Kornelis Sietsma  korny at my surname dot com
kornys on twitter/fb/gtalk/gwave www.sietsma.com/korny

James Ladd

Sep 6, 2010, 8:08:09 PM9/6/10
to mc...@googlegroups.com
No trick to getting in, there will be signs.
Just come up to the 8th floor.

Julian Doherty

Sep 7, 2010, 8:35:06 AM9/7/10
to mc...@googlegroups.com
How was the first meet up? Would have loved to attend, but had a conflicting lunch time appointment today.

Cheers
Julian

Stuart Moncrieff

Sep 7, 2010, 8:09:02 AM9/7/10
to Melbourne City Lunchtime Brown Bags
I thought that the sessions today worked really well. Korny's
presentation on the Raphaël JavaScript Library was interesting, and
Alec's ideas on startups were gold - it was refreshing to hear someone
talking about tech startups who was not directly influenced by Paul
Graham/Y Combinator.

If you are interested in technology-based startups (and you are in
Melbourne), you should check out:
* http://siliconbeachaustralia.org/ (Regular meetups to discuss tech
startup ideas)
* http://thehive.org.au/ - Monthly networking and presentations (the
podcast from the recent session with Steve Sammartino from Rentoid
would be worth listening to)

There were a few more people than expected (approximately 25), so we
might have to grab the main area in the JDS office next month.

jamesl

Sep 7, 2010, 5:30:26 PM9/7/10
to Melbourne City Lunchtime Brown Bags
A good turn out (20+) and two great talks - thanks Alec and Korny