Rose Ann Harris- Remembered

Linda Stark Litehiser

Jun 24, 2024, 6:11:09 PMJun 24
to McLaren Park Collaborative, Help McLaren Park, New Mission Terrace Improvement Association, Karen Babbitt, Mark Hennon
Hello, Friends -- There has been a death in our extended McLaren Park Community.  Rose Ann Harris, one of the most recognized and prolific volunteers within the Excelsior community and park groups throughout the district and parks has left us. She was 88.  She had been in poor health very recently but we all hoped she would be with us for much longer. She died peacefully on Wednesday, June 19th. You may have seen some individual tributes to her on Facebook and other social media platforms. There will be an official obituary in the Chronicle on Tuesday.  We will include a link to it when it appears. There will also be a Memoriam read at the Board of Supervisors, at City Hall by District 11 Supervisor, Ahsha Safai,  at the BOS meeting Tuesday, June 25th.  The meeting will begin at 2pm. Their staff said it was not possible to pinpoint the approximate time. These proclamations are often done at the end of the meeting. People are welcome to attend the meeting or watch it on cable TV--SFGOVTV. A tape of the meeting will also be available after the meeting.

Rose Ann requested that no funeral service be held and did not want a ceremony--she wanted people to remember her by being nice to each other...and to animals.  However we do know that people who knew her will be gathering over the coming weeks or months to remember her and share their stories. If we hear of anything that the public can attend, we will pass it along.
We also know she will never be forgotten. A spirit like Rose Ann (our official " Cat Lady") will live on in our hearts. She was so wonderfully special.
Here are a couple of photos from some concerts and her recent Mission Terrace 4th of July honor as the Grand Marshall for this annual parade.

Please feel free to share your memories of Rose Ann and other photos so they can be compiled for a later gathering.
Feel free to pass this information to others.

with fond memories
Linda Stark Litehiser
On behalf of the McLaren Park Collaborative

IMG_1467 (1).JPG
Resized_20231014_124158.jpg
IMG_9003.jpg
Resized_20231014_124159.jpg

Marlene Tran

Jun 24, 2024, 6:49:58 PMJun 24
to Linda Stark Litehiser, McLaren Park Collaborative, Help McLaren Park, New Mission Terrace Improvement Association, Karen Babbitt, Mark Hennon
Hi, Friends,
I am misty-eyed to learn that our awesomely dedicated Rose has passed! 😭 😭 😭
Thank you , Linda, for providing the information about her selfless life work.
In her honor, please let me know which animal charity I can make a donation. I really appreciate all her efforts because, for years, I had also saved many cats and dogs despite my full time and part time teaching!
 Does Rose have a Facebook account ? How do we pay tribute to her online?
Apologies I will not be able to honor Rose at City Hall tomorrow because I need to take my 90-year old aunt to her dental appointment.
Let’s continue to spread Rose’ kindness and selfless work    Anything more we can do to honor her in McLaren Park?
 Best,
Marlene

Sent from my iPhone