5G cell towers

melangelo

Nov 27, 2019, 4:29:09 PM11/27/19
to Mclarenparkcollaborative
Shainna
For clarity, I am separating your 5G cell tower topic from the Mansell Street safety conversation. I am in total agreement about not wanting those radiating around our homes!
Melanie

From: Shainna Marie <sflab...@gmail.com>
Date: 11/27/19 12:15 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Matthew Blain <matthe...@gmail.com>
Cc: melangelo <mela...@aol.com>, Tom Borden <t...@intrinsicdevices.com>, McLaren Park Collaborative <mclarenparkc...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [mclarenparkcollabor Mansell St safety

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

 I would like to connect regarding the implementation of 5G small and large cell towers in our community. The Cow Palace has a ton of humongous 5G towers, and now there is one small cell tower on nearly every block along Mission street. I noticed a ton on Geneva as well. Did you notice the large ones in top of Walgreens? These are radiation sticks, neighbors. They do not belong outside our houses. I will keep you updated on my progress with our local reps. But if we can can get a group of like-minded citizens to meet with our city council members, I’d like to see that happen.

Many thank you’s,

Shainna

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Shainna Marie

Nov 27, 2019, 6:16:54 PM11/27/19
to melangelo, Mclarenparkcollaborative
Thank you, Melanie. I will work on getting a Facebook group together, and organizing community outreach.

Kind regards,

Shainna

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 5, 2019, 7:24:30 PM12/5/19
to Mclarenparkcollaborative
There are streetlight disguised "hotspots" that are low(er)-powered but that just means they need more of them.
The others that look more complex are high-powered and should be on rooftops or separate towers. These are now installed circumventing all over GG Park by Verizon for 5G ONLY for the the park. I spoke to a technician installer. RPD could have had the low-powered ones installed instead but now the residents have to bear the burden of unnecessary excess RF next to their bedroom windows.

HIGH POWER                                       LOW POWER
CAM02385.jpg    CAM02383.jpg

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 'melangelo' via McLaren Park Collaborative <mclarenparkc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Shainna
For clarity, I am separating your 5G cell tower topic from the Mansell Street safety conversation. I am in total agreement about not wanting those radiating around our homes!
Melanie

Shainna Marie

Dec 6, 2019, 10:39:09 PM12/6/19
to Bruce Wolfe, Mclarenparkcollaborative
Holy Smokes! Thanks for sharing Bruce! Perhaps we can meet together at the next planned meetup to share ideas on how we can collectively approach our city council. I am also up for meeting sooner. They are moving in fast and sly with the 5G , and it doesn’t seem like they are notifying the community.

Kind regards,

Shainna

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 'melangelo' via McLaren Park Collaborative <mclarenparkcollaborative@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Shainna
For clarity, I am separating your 5G cell tower topic from the Mansell Street safety conversation. I am in total agreement about not wanting those radiating around our homes!
Melanie

Bruce Wolfe

Marlene Tran

Dec 7, 2019, 12:13:58 AM12/7/19
to Melanie ( Mclaren) WALKER, Marlene Tran, Mclarenparkcollaborative
Several years ago, I was approached by neighbors near 199 Leland Ave to fight ATT’s cell towers across the VV Public Library.
We submitted a few hundred
signatures and attended their meetings.
Just before the final Appeal, the young lady who initiated this process left( !!!) and my friend ended up paying the few hundred dollars for it.
Despite all our community efforts, the ATT cell towers were installed on the roof of 199 Leland Ave since then!

Marlene

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 6, 2019, at 7:52 PM, Bruce Wolfe <brucew...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 7, 2019, 3:37:04 AM12/7/19
to Mclarenparkcollaborative
It is very hard to make any changes to this except for appearance and danger. FCC Chair Ajit Pai rammed through provisions prohibiting municipalities from created any restrictions on hardware of these installations. That is how powerful these companies and their contractors are. Actually, Crown Castle is the largest cell phone hardware and tower installer in the country, I think now. They run the show for getting the permits I believe.

It's really hard but what is more important is what Planning is not telling us as to what the restrictions are on them with citations of law. This way plausible deniability.

Shainna Marie

Dec 7, 2019, 1:15:23 PM12/7/19
to Bruce Wolfe, Mclarenparkcollaborative
Happy Saturday!

  I hope you are all well. It would be great to meet at Claudaugh Coffee and do a picture walk of all the new towers off of Geneva and Mission. Please reply if you would be interested for a meetup to calibrate.

Many thanks,

Shainna

On Saturday, December 7, 2019, Bruce Wolfe <brucew...@gmail.com> wrote:
It is very hard to make any changes to this except for appearance and danger. FCC Chair Ajit Pai rammed through provisions prohibiting municipalities from created any restrictions on hardware of these installations. That is how powerful these companies and their contractors are. Actually, Crown Castle is the largest cell phone hardware and tower installer in the country, I think now. They run the show for getting the permits I believe.

It's really hard but what is more important is what Planning is not telling us as to what the restrictions are on them with citations of law. This way plausible deniability.

Bruce Wolfe

Tom Borden

Dec 8, 2019, 9:11:03 PM12/8/19
to mclarenparkc...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.  I have not studied up on 5G.  I know it can carry orders of magnitude more data then the cellular service we use today.  Does that mean the 5G receiver transmitters/receivers operate at much higher power, different frequencies or what?  I assume what goes for the towers goes for the phones as well.  Can someone provide informative links?

Thanks,

Tom B.

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 8, 2019, 9:19:17 PM12/8/19
to Tom Borden, McLaren Park Collaborative
Right now, T-Mobile is the only 5G active for the general public as there are few 5G phones available right now. The rollout is not at full speed. Verizon is installing all over the city right now using AT&T fiber as backhaul to the Internet.

"I measured 140 megabits per second (Mbps) download speeds in Brooklyn on 5G using Ookla's Speed Test app, while a phone on T-Mobile's 4G LTE network hit around 106 Mbps in the same location. That's a little more than what T-Mobile said people should expect on its 5G network—a 20 percent bump in speed. For reference, the average mobile download speed in the US is 34 Mbps, according to Ookla, and it's usually faster in more populated areas."

5G millimeter wave is the fastest, with actual speeds often of a gigabit or two. Verizon's 28 GHz network is the largest. Frequencies are above 24 GHz and soon up to 72 GHz. The reach is short, so more cells are required. mmWave 5G bands are 400 MHz, allowing much faster speeds than the lower bands of 20-100 MHz.. mmWave has difficulty traversing many walls and windows, so indoor coverage is limited.

5G mid-band is the most widely deployed, in over 20 networks. Speeds in a 100 MHz band are usually 100-400 megabits. In the lab and occasionally in the field, speeds can go over a gigabit. Frequencies deployed are from 2.4 GHz to 4.2 GHz. Sprint and China Mobile are using 2.5 GHz spectrum. Others are mostly between 3.3 and 4.2 GHz. Reach is better. Many areas can be covered simply by upgrading existing towers, which lowers the cost.

5G low-band offers similar capacity to advanced 4G. T-Mobile and AT&T are launching the first week of December. T-Mobile CTO Neville Ray warns that speeds on his 600 MHz 5G may be as low as 25 Mbit/s down.[2] AT&T, using 850 MHz, will also usually deliver less than 100 Mbit/s in 2019. The performance will improve, but cannot be much higher than good 4G in the same spectrum.

Verizon, AT&T, and almost all 5G in 2019 have latencies between 25-35 milliseconds. The "air latency" (between your phone and a tower) in 2019 equipment is 8-12 ms. The latency to the server, further back in the network, raise the average to ~30 ms, 25%-40% lower than typical 4G deployed. Adding "Edge Servers" close to the towers can bring latency down to 10-20 ms. Lower latency, such as the often touted 1 ms, is years away and does not include the time to the server.

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 8, 2019, 10:23:21 PM12/8/19
to McLaren Park Collaborative
Here is the map of all wireless services in the city. Some note address locations but are really utility pole mounted.

Note the ones surrounding GG Park on Fulton & Stanyan & Lincoln Way and then notice none inside the park. They are all Verizon high-powered 4G & 5G that are specifically pointed into the park so the general public surrounding these nodes get no benefit except the RF next to bedroom windows. So, the neighborhoods have to bear the burden. Here is an example at the corner of my block. It's street angle so seem taller than the building top.
stanyan-page-cell-site.png

Shainna Marie

Dec 9, 2019, 12:19:55 AM12/9/19
to Bruce Wolfe, McLaren Park Collaborative
Hi All,

 Sorry for the delay. I am going to find out this week who the appropriate agencies and reps we can talk to regarding blocking future infrastructure and or to get a more transparent dialogue going on with SF residents. Would anyone be interested in attending a meeting if I can get one set up? Driving around the city, I have noticed many around the Excelsior and Mission, but not many in Daly City and in South Hills. I’m hoping they won’t start in that neck of the woods. I admit I’m an amateur on this, but let me know if anyone would like to be more involved, who is more educated on 5G.

I also plan on starting up a Facebook group.

Thank you,

Shainna
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mclarenparkcollaborative+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 9, 2019, 12:21:26 AM12/9/19
to McLaren Park Collaborative
Don't waste your time in traffic and gas, look at the link to the map I sent earlier.
Bruce

Shainna Marie

Dec 9, 2019, 12:28:54 AM12/9/19
to Bruce Wolfe, McLaren Park Collaborative
Hi Guys,

These are two Facebook group references:

5G Fighters CA

I created the group, SF Residents against 5G
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mclarenparkcollaborative+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Tom Borden

Dec 9, 2019, 2:31:23 PM12/9/19
to Bruce Wolfe, McLaren Park Collaborative
This article appears believable, though the publisher loves electronic toys.
https://www.cnet.com/news/5g-phones-and-your-health-what-you-need-to-know/
It is interesting that the RT is putting out stories in the US about the dangers of 5G.

Tom

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 10, 2019, 3:11:24 PM12/10/19
to McLaren Park Collaborative

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 13, 2019, 7:49:23 PM12/13/19
to McLaren Park Collaborative
Seems there will be a hearing for "implementation of the ordinance" regarding 5G cell sites. Have no idea what this means. Guess reviewing the implementation? There are a couple of groups focused on this one led by Thea Selby opposing this completely, asking for it to be repealed/rescinded.

 4. 191091 [Hearing - Implementation of Ordinance No. 190-19 - Personal Wireless
Service Facility Site Permits]
Sponsors: Peskin; Safai, Brown, Mar and Yee
Hearing on the implementation of Ordinance No. 190-19, Personal Wireless Service
Facility Site Permits; and requesting Public Works to report.
10/22/19; RECEIVED AND ASSIGNED to the Land Use and Transportation Committee.
10/30/19; REFERRED TO DEPARTMENT.

Shainna Marie

Dec 13, 2019, 10:39:00 PM12/13/19
to Bruce Wolfe, McLaren Park Collaborative
Thank you so much Bruce, I will pass the word. I have to work, but I will try to write a letter.

Thank you,

Shainna
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mclarenparkcollaborative+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 13, 2019, 10:49:33 PM12/13/19
to McLaren Park Collaborative
It was confirmed with Supv Aaron Peskin's office that there will be no action taken at this meeting. It will be a review of the FCC new restrictions on cities regulating any telecom or cell site hardware.

Bruce Wolfe

Dec 14, 2019, 1:56:30 AM12/14/19
to McLaren Park Collaborative
And if it weren't enough, now FCC Chairman Ajit Pai flips the script causing a court challenge.

Ars Technica: FCC’s “illogical” claim that broadband isn’t telecommunications faces appeal.

Shainna Marie

Dec 14, 2019, 10:28:18 AM12/14/19
to Bruce Wolfe, McLaren Park Collaborative
Thank you for sending the info, Bruce!

Kind regards,