Fwd: {Kids in the Triangle} Acton Children’s Business Fair - Accepting Applications through April 4

Evelyn Simmons

Mar 25, 2022, 12:30:45 PM3/25/22
to Mckinley Tech Parent Forum
For Middle School Students —

Evelyn Boyd Simmons

Begin forwarded message:

From: Nicole Spencer <nic...@actondc.org>
Date: March 25, 2022 at 10:54:02 AM EDT
To: KidsintheTriangle <kidsinth...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: {Kids in the Triangle} Acton Children’s Business Fair - Accepting Applications through April 4

We invite children ages 6 to 14 to apply for a booth at the 2022 Acton Children’s Business Fair of Washington, DC in Cleveland Park. We will accept applications through Monday, April 4!

Acton Children's Business Fair of Washington, DC

Saturday, May 14, 2022, 10am - 12:30pm

(Rain Date: Saturday, May 21)

3409 Connecticut Avenue NW

Cleveland Park

About the Acton Children's Business Fair

The Acton Children’s Business Fair inspires children ages 6 to 14 to discover their inner entrepreneur. Over the last five years, the Acton Children’s Business Fair in Cleveland Park has grown to over 125 young entrepreneurs selling everything from animal books to tomato plants, homemade bread, hand-sewn tooth fairy monsters, custom paper airplanes, iPhone screen repairs, and more. Over 3,000 customers shop the fair each year.

The fair has earned local and national media attention. The Washington Post quipped, “Forget show and tell: These young entrepreneurs aim to show and sell.”

Wondering Where to Start? Entrepreneurship Mini-Quest— Stay Tuned!

Are you new to the business fair and wondering where to begin? Children aged 6-14 (and their parents) are invited to opt in to a pilot of our Entrepreneurship Mini-Quest with video guidance on how to start your business, decide what to make, price your product, practice your pitch, and know whether you made a profit. The Mini-Quest will also include tips from young entrepreneurs at Acton Academy of Washington, DC who have participated in previous fairs. We will be filming this content for the first time and inviting a small group of families to join us along the way to try it out and give us feedback!

We will be sending out more details about the Mini-Quest and how to opt in next month. For more details about the Acton Children’s Business Fair, including frequently asked questions, please visit our website.

Parent Tours at Acton Academy of Washington, DC

What would it be like to go to a school like the business fair everyday? Acton Academy of Washington, DC combines Montessori ideas, Harvard Business School-style Socratic discussions, mixed-age classrooms, and real-world projects (like the Children’s Business Fair!). Acton invites children to imagine themselves as the heroic protagonist in their own journey in life. At Acton, children discover their unique talents and passions while developing the habits of mind and character needed to chase down their dreams with energy and joy.

Acton was recently named by U.S. News & World Report on a list of ten top private schools in Washington, DC.

Visit our website for more information and schedule a tour today.

beacon