Mic Barnette

Jul 20, 2013, 6:14:04 PM7/20/13
to fiddl...@yahoo.com, eastte...@yahoo.com, web...@swbell.net, charlesc...@att.net, janice...@dallascityhall.com, mcc...@googlegroups.com, mwalw...@yahoo.com, what...@sprintmail.com, marvin....@aon.at

WBHI...@aol.com

Jul 20, 2013, 10:52:03 PM7/20/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
Looks like SPAM to me...
bill hinkle

In a message dated 7/20/2013 5:14:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time, mbarn...@gmail.com writes:
http://domeincheck.belgon.be/angx/giyfbldzma.sjlhjdfsljrwq

Mic Barnette

Jul 21, 2013, 4:07:25 AM7/21/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
My email was compromised by someone in Russia tonight.
They sent out a bunch of spam. Be sure to check for viruses.
As far as I know it was just spam and not a virus?

Be sure to run your virus protection.

If you went to micbarnette.com the site should be ok but I have nothing on it at present

MIC

Chris McCown

Jul 21, 2013, 8:45:12 AM7/21/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
Anytime you click on one of those bad links, delete all of your cookies and reset your browsers.

A password change to your accounts that you stay logged into couldn't hurt either.

Chris McCown

Jul 21, 2013, 8:48:32 AM7/21/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
It's best practice not to stay logged into anything that you're not currently using( i.e. Facebook, gmail, yahoo mail… and especially bank accounts, etc ).

I also set my browser to remove all cookies … etc every time I close my browser.

Matt McCown

Jul 21, 2013, 11:36:14 AM7/21/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
It is spam….do not click the link

Matt McCown

Jul 21, 2013, 11:38:37 AM7/21/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
Good advise. I do the same thing. Been in the PC industry enough that I'm paranoid about most of these mystery links anyway, I just ignore them.

From: Chris McCown <chris...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:48 AM
To: <mcc...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [McCown Family History] Mic Barnette