Re: [McCown Family History] Alexander McCown d 1802 Chester SC

WBHI...@aol.com

Aug 18, 2013, 6:39:49 PM8/18/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
Mic...who did you do your Family finder with?
bill hinkle
in Oklahoma

In a message dated 8/18/2013 3:10:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time, mbarn...@gmail.com writes:
I just checked my matches on Family Finder.

Ann McElhaney and I are descendants of Sampson McCown and Margaret Telford-She and I match.
Sampson was a son of Alexander McCown d 1802 Chester SC   Ann is listed as my 4th Cousin.

Recently Heidi Marie Chadwick's results came in. She matches David Ray Harbour who also matches me. Both of them descend from Mary McCown daughter of Alexander McCown d 1802 who married William Nutt. David is listed as my 5th Cousin and Heidi as my 4th Cousin.

On the basic search on my personal  page, Ann did not show as a match to David nor Heidi. I lowered the criteria and tried the test again and they did show a distant relationship.
Heidi and David showed as being related.

It would be nice to have more McCowns test in the Family Finder test. Notice none of us currently have the McCown surname. In fact, I am the only one with the McCown in my real recent ancestry-my mother was a McCown. With the rest of them McCown was several generations back.

MIC

Mic Barnette

Aug 19, 2013, 1:15:14 AM8/19/13
to mcc...@googlegroups.com, Mic Barnette
Hi Bill:

Family Finder is the autosomal DNA test by Family Tree DNA. It can be taken by males OR females and can match males and females.
Cost is $99

Those who have done a Y-DNA testor other test through FTDNA likely will not have to take another test as they likely will still have enough sample.
All you have to do is place the order.If they need more sample they will send you a kit.
It takes 6-8 weeks for the results to be returned.