McCown Matches Family Finder

Mic Barnette

Jun 12, 2014, 12:56:40 AM6/12/14
to mcc...@googlegroups.com, Mic Barnette
Ok, Guys (and Gals!)

I have been eagerly waiting for my cousin Rita Lyon's results to come
in. They finally got here today.

Rita's mother and mine were sisters born McCown and descendants of the
Sampson McCowns from Chester Co, SC to Texas.

When I ask if any of her matches have McCown, it comes up empty except
for me.
When I do the same on my own Family Finder, Ann McElhaney and her
McElhaney relatives come up.

When I ask if Rita has any matches surnamed McCown, James Ross McCown
comes up.
If he had surnames entered he would have come up when I asked that question.
Funny thing, though. James Ross McCown matches Rita but not me.
And Ann McElhaney, etc matches me but not Rita.

Jim, please add a gedcom and or surnames to your page. You might find
more matches who could recognize you through the names you place on your
page.

ALSO, FTDNA is running a sale through June 16-17 on Family Finder for
$79, regularly $99.
The more people who take this test the better we will be able to put our
McCowns together.

MIC

Leonard J. McCown

Jun 12, 2014, 10:27:12 AM6/12/14
to mcc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mic. Good to hear from you indirectly! These matches always get me
confused. Odd the way they match or don't match.

Glad you encouraged Jim to add a gedcom or surnames. I think some are just
afraid of doing it.

Take care, hope you all are doing ok. Leonard

Leonard J. McCown, Irving, Texas -- McCown Family History
leo...@mccown.org -- http://www.mccown.org
People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to
their ancestors. -- Edmund Burke, 1790

---

James McCown

Jun 12, 2014, 10:49:48 AM6/12/14
to mcc...@googlegroups.com

Ok Mic. I'll add that. I thought I already had a gedcom on ftdna.