MCAS Field Trip - MAR 26 - Laguna Lake

Morro Coast Audubon Society

Mar 11, 2023, 1:00:09 PM3/11/23
to MCAS ALERT

Morro Coast Audubon Society Presents

FIELD TRIP:       Laguna Lake

DATE:                  Sunday, March 26, 2023

TIME:                   9:00AM-12:00 noon

LEADER:            Mark Mushkat

Trip is limited to 15 participants-Signups will be taken for 24 hours. 15 participants will be randomly selected. The remainder will be put on standby status in case of cancellations.

We’ll bird the park’s trees and meadows looking for migrating songbirds, flycatchers, waterfowl and raptors. The open space and power poles are good for raptors. Marshy areas can be productive for warblers, wrens, munias and the lake offers the usual suspects and perhaps a surprise. The trail is flat and we will walk approximately 1.0-1.5 miles.

Bring binoculars and field guide; Hats and sunscreen are suggested along with dressing for cool and windy conditions. Restrooms are available. Rain cancels.

ADA Accessible: Yes

Experience Level: Beginner to Intermediate

RSVP and Proof of Full COVID Vaccination Required!

To participate, CLICK HERE to receive a confirmed reservation for this field trip. Exact meeting location will be given to those with confirmed reservations.

Questions? Email field...@morrocoastaudubon.org