MCAS Field Trip - May 19 - Montana de Oro Bluff Trail

Morro Coast Audubon Society

May 4, 2022, 1:00:14 PM5/4/22
to MCAS ALERT

Morro Coast Audubon Society Presents

FIELD TRIP:       Montaña de Oro Bluff Trail

DATE:                  Thursday, May 19th, 2022

TIME:                   9:00am to 11:30am

LEADER:            Bob Revel

CO-LEADER:     Robbie Revel

Trip is limited to 12 participants - A waiting list will be started once the trip is fullExact meeting location will be given with your confirmation.

Join the Revel Team for birding the bluffs at Montaña de Oro State Park. Our trail follows the sea-bluffs along the south shore of Spooner’s Cove and south along the rocky coast. We will focus on the breeding and nesting behavior of Black Oystercatchers, Pigeon Guillemots, and Brandt and Pelagic Cormorants. The rocky coast here presents spectacular views, great surf and an amazing display of geology. Includes 1-2 miles of slow walking.

Bring binoculars. Field Guides are also helpful. Hats and sunscreen, water and snacks are suggested along with dressing for cool and windy conditions. SCOPES ARE HELPFUL TOO. Restrooms are available. Rain cancels.

Experience Level: All experience levels.

Registration and Proof of Full COVID Vaccination Required!

To register, CLICK HERE. You will receive an email either to confirm your reservation or to notify you that you are on the waiting list. Exact meeting location will be given to those with confirmed reservations.

Questions? Email Robbie Revel Rob...@morrocoastaudubon.org