Fw: Want to learn how to build a community solar project in your community?

0 vue

Nancy K.

non lue,
21 oct. 2015, 11:17:1421/10/2015
à MCAN Talk
            FYI ....

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:32 AM
Subject: Want to learn how to build a community solar project in your community?

A training for community leaders on development options for community shared solar
View this email in your browser
Community Share Solar - Solar for Your Neighbors Who Don't Qualify for Rooftop Solar

We'll be gathering Friday, Oct 23rd over Saturday, Oct 24th at the Roundhouse in Colrain for an exciting training and conversation about how best to grow community solar for all in our region. We have 35 people attending including people from communities across Massachusetts, Vermont, and one from New York.  We'll look at the options for ownership being developed across the state and explore ways to move forward together in making solar affordable and available to everyone in our communities.

Our keynote speaker is:
  * Steve Strong from Solar Design Associates (international solar design expert and designer of Harvard's community solar project)

Resource people include:
  * Isaac Baker from Co-op Power (coordinator for our community shared solar projects)
  * Dwayne Breger from UMass Energy Extension (expert on renewable energy in our region, formerly with Mass DOER)
  * Clare Chang, The Greenfield Solar Store
  * Josh Hilsdon from PV Squared (expert on solar design and installation)
  * Eli Moulton from Merritt, Merritt and Moulton (expert in securities law)
  * Jill Winans from McAuley Lyman LLC (expert in renewable energy law)
  * Peter Wingate from Community Action (oversees our local fuel assistance and weatherization programs for people with limited resources)

Click here for the event schedule and here for registration!
Price: $150 for people staying overnight and $100 for commuters

Sponsored by Co-op Power and Franklin Community Shared Solar
Share
Tweet

Our mailing address is:
Co-op Power