Fw: BASEA Bulletin - Caps Off for Net Metering? Call your Rep. now through Oct. 29th

Nancy K.

Oct 25, 2015, 4:27:35 PM10/25/15
to MCAN Talk
                FYI ....

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Higgins
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2015 1:45 PM
Subject: BASEA Bulletin - Caps Off for Net Metering? Help us through Oct. 29th

BASEA Mast Head

BASEA Logo

Boston Area Solar Energy Association
 *
Help by Oct. 29th to lift caps! *

Action Imminent on Net Metering Caps?

Legislature Ready to Make a Move...

Sound the Call to Lift the Caps!

The Massachusetts legislature intends to produce an omnibus energy bill - but it is clear that this will not happen this year. As public pressure (that's us, many of us) increases to remove barriers to the growth of solar energy (net metering caps), and time is running out for legislative action this year (basically, the Nov. 18th Thanksgiving holiday break is the effective deadline), there comes some very important news.

House Speaker Robert DeLeo said on Friday, Oct. 23rd, "I'm well aware obviously that the energy legislation is probably going to be taking a little bit longer than I had expected and looks like it's probably going to extend into next year," according to an audio clip of his remarks. "Because of that, I have asked the chairman of the committee on energy to make sure we take out of that bill so we can address it in a much shorter time issues relative to solar energy so we can take care of that more immediately this year and not next."

Speaker DeLeo is talking about the net metering caps, it would seem, because it is the burning issue related to solar energy. With three or four weeks to go to actually get some legislation done, the timing is crucial that we let our voices be heard this week.

** Call this Thursday - we are teaming together to get more than 300 phone calls in one day

Simply call and tell your representative to "raise the caps on net metering before Thanksgiving". Here is a guide from another Mass Power Forward partner, VoteSolar.org

Plan some time to do this on Thursday, Oct. 29th - and spread the word: see if you can double or triple your efforts by having a friend, colleague, family member or two make calls to help move the House to act and restore opportunity for continued solar growth. The Senate has already voted to do this, and New York has just removed their caps, as they also work on a broader energy vision plan.

** The three easy steps for your call on Thursday (or before) are:
1. Call the House Switchboard (617) 722-2000 - ask to be put through to your Representative
2. Say to them: "Raise the caps on net metering before Thanksgiving so solar can continue to grow"
3. Get a friend to do the same and report back to help us keeps tabs - email se...@votesolar.org

Take part in a renewable energy future by participating in this effort to promote solar power!

- - - - - - - -

To Be Announced...

Boston Area Solar Energy Association's November Forum will be announced soon. There are a lot of positive developments happening, so plan on a rich discussion at BASEA on Thursday, November 12th.

 Location: First Parish in Cambridge Unitarian Universalist;  3 Church Street, Harvard Square

Time: Doors open at 7:00 p.m.; Presentation begins at 7:30 p.m

Please Join Us!  Donations and membership support BASEA.

The Boston Area Solar Energy Association,  www.BASEA.org; a chapter of NESEA.

Join Our Mailing List    Forward to a Friend or Colleague    Like us on Facebook  View our profile on LinkedIn  Follow us on Twitter

Forward email

This email was sent by in...@basea.org |

Boston Area Solar Energy Association | P.O. Box 44-1017 | Somerville | MA | 02114