Showing of "Last Call" in Concord on Wednesday May 4 at 7:00

Mike Hanauer

Apr 30, 2016, 9:19:23 AM4/30/16
to Mike Hanauer
Hi All,

I do believe our culture of eternal population and economic growth must be recognized and changed if we are to make any progress on environmental, climate change, or economic justice issues. Without this recognition, authentic sustainability will always remain an illusion.  Award winning film...

AllTheBest.

CONCORD AREA HUMANISTS ANNOUNCEMENT
4/27/16

On May 4, 2016, 7 PM, CAH invite you to screening of  “Last Call”
At First Parish in Concord  MA, 20 Lexington Rd.

This time we will dispense with the preliminary Social, to give time for the movie, so please arrive a few minutes early if you can, since the program will start promptly at 7:00 PM.

This movie is a documentary about the most controversial and inspiring environmental best seller of all times, “The Limits to Growth.”  Forty  years ago this book shook the world. It became a best seller world wide. It was based on a report by a team of bravescientists from MIT.  They  created the first computer model to analyze the interaction between exponential growth and finite natural resources on planet Earth.  Published as Limits to Growth, the work was promptly vilified throughout the 80’s and 90’s, primarily by economists and business interests.  Today the scientist's message may be more relevant than ever.  The movie is described in an image of a poster below, prepared for our meeting on May 5.  You may want to zoom in to read the scales on the plots.

      CAH Last Call flyer v5.jpg
         Please contact  mgha...@yahoo.com for more information.

"Still More economic or population growth is not our way to a healthy community, a healthy planet, OR enjoyable cycling."
    ~Mike