Fwd: A big day for Mothers In Massachusetts - we need you there!

1 view

Vanessa Rule

Oct 28, 2015, 9:10:50 AM10/28/15
to Vanessa Rule
Hi friends,

Today the moms and grandmothers who've been working hard these past two years building Mothers Out Front are kicking off their campaign to push the utilities to drop their support of the new pipelines and to embrace community solar, land and offshore wind, geothermal, and small hydro.  They'll be gathering at Dewey Square from 4 to 6pm at the foot of the offices of the Department of Utilities which just gave Eversource and National Grid the green light to charge Massachusetts electricity rate-payers for the cost of the proposed pipelines.

Our message is that our job is to keep our and every kid safe.  We'll ask the utilities if they're willing drop projects that threaten them.  As you know from turning out your own people, having allied support at such moments is not only a people-powered energy boost, it's also key to delivering the message.

The weather forecast is not great -- but we're not postponing -- we'll be out there because that's what needs to be done.

Hope to see y'all out there.  Please spread the word.

In solidarity -- Vanessa

Mothers Out Front

Dear Vanessa --

Today is a big day for mothers in Massachusetts -- a little rain won't stop us -- and we need you there. This is our children's future we are talking about.  Join us this afternoon, Oct. 28th from 4 to 6pm at Dewey Square Plaza, South Station, Boston to kick off our campaign asking the utilities -- Eversource, National Grid, and others -- to join us in creating healthy communities and a viable climate for all children.

Launch_meme_10-28-15_another_one.jpg

Our job as moms, grandmothers, and other caregivers, is to ensure that our children are safe from harm.  Proposed gas pipelines that leak chemicals into our soil, water and air pose a direct threat to the children of Massachusetts and of the communities where this gas is extracted. The science is clear: continued mining, transporting, and burning natural gas is a sure path to runaway climate change and a compromised future for all children.

But we have a choice. We can SWITCH THE SOURCE NOW! It is time for all decision-makers, including the utilities, to join us in protecting today's and future generations by saying no to new pipelines and yes to renewable energy

SwitchTheSource-1.jpg

See you there!

Maura, Michele and Vanessa

Mothers Out Front
http://www.mothersoutfront.org/

Mothers Out Front · 30 Bow St, Cambridge, MA 02138, United States
This email was sent to vaness...@mothersoutfront.org. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Mothers Out Front on Twitter or Facebook.

Created with NationBuilder, software for leaders.