coordination of statewide effort to adopt Paris Climate goals town by town?

Eric Broadbent

Jul 12, 2017, 11:25:54 PM7/12/17
to 350, MCAN Talk
I apologize if this has been discussed and resolved previously.
Most of us know that there is a rather broad movement afoot in MA and other states to disregard the irresponsible acts of the Federal Govt. and take up the challenge as formulated in the Paris Accords.

This article from earlier this year refers to S.1849 filed by Jamie Eldridge:

An Act transitioning Massachusetts to 100 percent renewable energy

If passed, Massachusetts will become the first state in the nation with a mandate to achieve 100 percent renewable energy by the year 2050 — for everything. That includes the energy consumed for electricity, heating and cooling, transportation, and agricultural and industrial uses. It hopes to source enough energy to meet the direct electricity needs of all residents, businesses and other agencies by 2035.  The bill now has the support of 53 cosponsors in the House and Senate — more than a quarter of all members of the Massachusetts State Legislature.

My question is whether there is any collective effort to gather the measures adopted and/or being considered, town by town, with resources to support evidence-based discussion, etc.
I suppose we would have heard of this already…
It seems that if MCAN or 350MA were to take this on, many member towns/committees would benefit and appreciate it (and support the main organizations accordingly).

Thanks for any info or ideas,

-Eric B.
Harvard, MA