ideas

Beth Fisher

Jan 25, 2012, 10:38:33 AM1/25/12
to mc3-2n...@googlegroups.com
For Unit 2, I found a book called: As the Crow Flies by Gail Hartman.  It was useful in introducing maps.

I also played a game with my second grade students called the Four Directions Game.  I labeled the room with N, S, E, and W and had someone count to 10 in a corner of my room while children chose one directional sign to stand under.  The person doing the counting called out a direction and if children were standing underneath that sign, they had to sit down.  The winner is the person left at the end of the game.  It's very similar to 4 corners.