patch to mcom to make using msmtp easier w/multiple identities

attila

May 21, 2019, 11:25:18 AM5/21/19
to mbl...@googlegroups.com

Hi fellow mblazers,

Attached is a patch to mcom from mblaze 0.5.1 that I use to get
msmtp to properly decide which SMTP server to use based on the From
address. Am not particularly attached to this way of doing things,
this is just what's working for me now. To use it, I put

sendmail: /usr/local/bin/msmtp
auto-from: -f

in my ~/.mblaze/profile and set the From address to match the "from"
directives in each stanza of my msmtp config.

Pax, -A

mcom.patch

Leah Neukirchen

May 22, 2019, 8:24:40 AM5/22/19
to attila, mbl...@googlegroups.com
Can't you use:

sendmail: /usr/local/bin/msmtp --read-envelope-from

--
Leah Neukirchen <le...@vuxu.org> http://leahneukirchen.org/

att...@stalphonsos.com

May 22, 2019, 12:56:19 PM5/22/19
to Leah Neukirchen, mbl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I can. I clearly missed this option in my reading the msmtp man
page. Thanks for pointing it out, sorry for the noise and thanks for a
great MUA.

Pax, -A