[ANN] mblaze 0.5.1, a Maildir-focused command line mail client

Leah Neukirchen

Mar 3, 2019, 11:19:12 AM3/3/19
to mbl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm happy to announce a new release of "mblaze", a Unix command line
mail client system in the spirit of RAND MH, but developed from scratch
and focused on Maildir.

This is mainly a bugfix release, updating is highly recommended.

* mdeliver: preserve mtime in mrefile
* mdirs: add -0 to separate folders by NUL characters
* Fixes for buffer-overflows, found by fuzzing.
* Fixes for memleaks.

Please note that mblaze is still quite new and while the code has been
tested on substantial piles of real-world mail, I'm sure there still
are kinks here and there. It probably won't eat your mail.
Please report issues you find.

You can find mblaze source at

https://git.vuxu.org/mblaze
https://github.com/leahneukirchen/mblaze

and release tarballs on

https://github.com/leahneukirchen/mblaze/releases
http://leahneukirchen.org/releases/mblaze-0.5.1.tar.gz

Releases are also signed with signify(1) using
http://leahneukirchen.org/releases/mblaze.pub namely:
RWT/F+mCqnmHzj/+dB32aXOuZ+4Afcr3r6TOVHXGkRNCBExd3kS0tCnL

(see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mblaze or
https://inbox.vuxu.org/mblaze/), and an IRC channel
#vuxu on irc.freenode.net.

Enjoy,
--
Leah Neukirchen <le...@vuxu.org> http://leah.zone

5d9d0515072c1596f834b2111a770bf1a0d1c42a43df2489f8e42ec31f74b953 mblaze-0.5.1.tar.gz
75be6a89ff47ff7c14abf3d62220ff87ade5fdfe6fe19c4abd9f2ac76d95ee75 mblaze-0.5.1.tar.gz.asc
925f2a198a739981e1f737ee6d6a8aad3c51322b21684e37bbce4524f4a6f47f mblaze-0.5.1.tar.gz.sig

Silvan Jegen

Mar 23, 2019, 11:56:03 AM3/23/19
to mbl...@googlegroups.com, le...@vuxu.org
Hi

> I'm happy to announce a new release of "mblaze", a Unix command line
> mail client system in the spirit of RAND MH, but developed from scratch
> and focused on Maildir.
>
> This is mainly a bugfix release, updating is highly recommended.
>
> * mdeliver: preserve mtime in mrefile
> * mdirs: add -0 to separate folders by NUL characters
> * Fixes for buffer-overflows, found by fuzzing.
> * Fixes for memleaks.
>
> Please note that mblaze is still quite new and while the code has been
> tested on substantial piles of real-world mail, I'm sure there still
> are kinks here and there. It probably won't eat your mail.
> Please report issues you find.

Great work! I have been a mutt user for years but have fought my mail
with mmh[0] for the last 6 months or so. I had some issues with mmh,
most notably it taking to long to delete single mails since the "rm
mail"-command opened my rather large mail directory on each invocation.
I am now trying out mblaze to see if it meet my needs better and so far
so good!

Not sure this is the right place to ask, but do you know an easy way
to switch between different mail accounts when sending mails using
mblaze? In mutt I can change the sendmail-program options based on the
currently opened maildir folder. Using msmtp, that allows me to decide
which configured account to use for sending mails. I am not sure how I
can achieve something similar using mblaze.

Thanks for all the work!

Cheers,

Silvan

[0] http://marmaro.de/prog/mmh/