How to reply all

Marko Bauhardt

Nov 5, 2019, 3:32:09 AM11/5/19
to mbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm a brand new mblaze user.
And because I'm new I have a couple of questions about the usage.

If I have a mail with more than one recipient, how can I reply to all of
them?

I mean 'mrep' replies only to the sender and not to the To/CC folks.
Also the manual gave me no hint how to do it, or i don't see it ;)

Can you give me some hints?

Thanks
Marko

---
Marko Bauhardt
https://keybase.io/mbauhardt
GPG Key ID: 53192101

Leah Neukirchen

Nov 5, 2019, 7:13:34 AM11/5/19
to Marko Bauhardt, mbl...@googlegroups.com
Marko Bauhardt <marko.b...@mailbox.org> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm a brand new mblaze user.
> And because I'm new I have a couple of questions about the usage.
>
> If I have a mail with more than one recipient, how can I reply to all of
> them?
>
> I mean 'mrep' replies only to the sender and not to the To/CC folks.
> Also the manual gave me no hint how to do it, or i don't see it ;)

No, mrep replies to
1) Reply-To: if exists
2) From: else
3) Cc: to all adresses in To: and Cc:

That is IMO reply all, don't you think?

(If you want to do plain reply, you'll need to delete Cc: yourself.)

hth,
--
Leah Neukirchen <le...@vuxu.org> https://leahneukirchen.org/

Marko Bauhardt

Nov 5, 2019, 4:45:33 PM11/5/19
to Leah Neukirchen, mbl...@googlegroups.com
Quoting Leah Neukirchen (2019-11-05 13:13:32)
> No, mrep replies to
> 1) Reply-To: if exists
> 2) From: else
> 3) Cc: to all adresses in To: and Cc:
>
> That is IMO reply all, don't you think?

Yes this is exactly how I would expect.

But somehow on my laptop this isn't working.
If I reply directly to this mail 'mrep' will only fill out the 'To'
field with your personal mail. The mailing list for example is not used
as one of the recipient. In other words Cc is set to empty.

But I'm using mblaze on my laptop at work, and there are mails where
mrep behave like you described.

Any suggestion how to debug, I installed git revision 'dbf118f'.

Thanks
Marko

Marko Bauhardt

Nov 5, 2019, 5:09:41 PM11/5/19
to Leah Neukirchen, mbl...@googlegroups.com
Quoting Marko Bauhardt (2019-11-05 22:45:28)
> But somehow on my laptop this isn't working.

Problem Solved.
I had to configure ~/.mblaze/profile and set 'Local-Mailbox' to my
primary mail address.

Now mrep behave like expected.

Thanks
Marko

marko.b...@mailbox.org

Nov 9, 2019, 12:22:44 PM11/9/19
to mbl...@googlegroups.com
Marko Bauhardt <marko.b...@mailbox.org> wrote:
> Yes this is exactly how I would expect.
>
> But somehow on my laptop this isn't working.

Problem solved.
I had to configure ~/.mblaze/profile and fill 'Local-Mailbox' with my primary mail address.