Proposal: Better CubeMX on mbeddr and Rust Cargo based, source package manager

Sirguy Chikirev

Jan 23, 2019, 10:30:19 AM1/23/19
to mbeddr-discuss
Actually I have two proposals that can make mbeddr more popular.

CubeMX, -  in fact, a database on microcontrollers  and a microcontroller peripheral initialization code generator. The code it generates is far from ideal. I think that mbeddr can be configured much better to cope with this deal.

The second idea is a package source manager.

Unlike normal C, mbeddr has modules that allow you to avoid the of identifiers clashes.

So,I propose to take Rust Cargo as a basis, since this is already a fairly well-established system of metadata on source code modules, with a collector of dependencies from various sources,

And many crates on crates.io with * SYS at the end of their name are thin shims on regular C source code. It can be used as is.