Projecting references or properties using querylist

Eugen Schindler

May 5, 2018, 8:57:37 AM5/5/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi mbeddr-enthusiasts,

I was looking for a way to project a property using querylist (until now I only had use cases where I need to do a list with querylist), but when trying to use queryproperty, I get a build error:

Upon further inspection, I found that queryproperty and querylink are deprecated and I also couldn't find any usages (globally) of the CellModel_QueryProperty concept, so I guess it's not used (anymore?).

So I would guess that there is another way to accomplish projecting a property than queryproperty (and of course other than a model access, which can only exchange strings, so you lose all other editor capabilities).

Is there someone who can give me a hint on how to do property projection without using queryproperty?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Eugen

Kolja Dummann

May 5, 2018, 9:03:58 AM5/5/18
to Eugen Schindler, mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eugen,

Yes the query property is deprecated.
The recommended way to do this is to use a normal query list and the define a inline editor component that does only show the property you are interested in.

Cheers,
Kolja
ii_jgte4oaj0_163305e7b4352456

Eugen Schindler

May 5, 2018, 1:12:34 PM5/5/18
to Kolja Dummann, mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kolja,

Thanks for your very swift reply! Your tip works great! I have added the examples to https://github.com/DSLFoundry/mps-examples/tree/master/QueryListExample. It's still a todo item to add a bit of documentation to that, but it's a work in progress...

Greetings,
Eugen

ii_jgte4oaj0_163305e7b4352456