Generated Artifacts Reviewer - Preconditions(?)

Gerhard Zach

Oct 27, 2022, 11:34:23 AM10/27/22
to mbeddr-discuss
Hi,
I was wondering if I could use the 'Generated Artifacts Reviewer' for my own language and if so what would I need to do to use it (e.g., add some dependencies etc....) ?
I created a small test language and generate xml files with it using a Generator and jetbrains.mps.core.xml to try it out. Opening the Generated Artifacts  Reviewer and loading the generated xml works, but there seems to be no link to the nodes of my DSL.
Selecting 'Highlight Generated Lines' opens a pop-up saying 'No lines found for selected node ...' and also the other direction doesn't work.
However, the Reviewer works fine for the Hello World mbeddr.tutorial therefore I assume that at least the MPS- and Plugin installations are OK...
Any ideas or hints are welcome!
Thanks,
Gerhard

Daniel Ratiu

Oct 27, 2022, 6:25:31 PM10/27/22
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerhard,

the "Generated Artifacts Reviewer" makes use of the traceability information between lines and originating nodes saved automatically by MPS in the file trace.info of the target directory.
This traceability is saved if your concepts implement TraceableConcept interface - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/mps/debugger.html

btw. this generated artifacts reviewer works thus out-of-the-box for many DSLs building languages
image.png

Dan

Gerhard Zach

Oct 29, 2022, 3:26:30 AM10/29/22