plugins distribution

Manuele Simi

May 3, 2018, 10:43:05 AM5/3/18
to mbeddr-discuss
Hello,

Our lab is back to use mbeddr plugins after a while and we are working on porting our own plugins to MPS2018.1.

I have a couple of questions about the distribution of the mbeddr plugins:

1) We were used to the Plugin Managerto install the plugins. And so we instructed our users. We noticed that the mbeddr Plugin Manager is not available for the most recent releases of MPS. Is that a definitive choice? Of course, we installed the plugins from the Zip archive, but few of our users are not familiar with the command line.

2) The latest nightly build available #559 is from Feb 15th (https://github.com/mbeddr/mbeddr.core/releases). Is that intentional? I mean, we are starting to migrate our plugins and we want to be sure that we are using your latest code (but not from source).

Thanks,
manuele

Sascha Lißon

May 8, 2018, 4:17:23 AM5/8/18
to mbeddr-discuss
The plugin manager was only required to work around a bug in the plugin manager of MPS. This bug is fixed in newer versions of MPS. You can manually add the repository "http://mpsrepo.slisson.de/".

Manuele Simi

May 8, 2018, 10:26:04 AM5/8/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Great. Thank you, Sasha.

Also I figured out about the new MPS Extensions repository.