Searching for text in models

Eugen Schindler

Jul 10, 2018, 12:56:25 PM7/10/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi mbeddr-enthusiasts,

I was wondering if someone of you has already encountered the case where you need to search for a piece of text in an MPS project. The piece of text could be a name of a node, so Ctrl+N is not enough, because this only works on root nodes.

Does such a functionality exist and if yes, how do I use it?
I found https://www.jetbrains.com/help/mps/searching-everywhere.html but unfortunately I cannot find the search icon and double-shift also doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for any info!

Greetings,
Eugen

Bernd Kolb

Jul 11, 2018, 3:48:01 AM7/11/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think this is something that the documentation inherited from the
platform. I haven't seen this functionality in MPS but know it from
idea.

In mbeddr there is a functionality though where you can search on a
model for arbitrary text. It is in the context menu for a model and
called "Search Model"

Bernd
Am Di., 10. Juli 2018 um 18:56 Uhr schrieb Eugen Schindler
<eu...@schindlerweb.net>:

Eugen Schindler

Jul 16, 2018, 7:57:19 AM7/16/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the tip!
I have opened an issue for extending this functionality from model-only to entire project: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/MPS-28279

Greetings,
Eugen

Eugen Schindler

Jul 18, 2018, 1:17:57 PM7/18/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bernd,

I think I just saw that the "search model" functionality is in an mbeddr.platform plugin. Is that correct? Does that mean that I shouldn't have opened an issue with JetBrains but rather on github with mbeddr.core?

Greetings,
Eugen

Bernd Kolb

Jul 18, 2018, 2:04:17 PM7/18/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
yes
Am Mi., 18. Juli 2018 um 19:17 Uhr schrieb Eugen Schindler

Eugen Schindler

Jul 22, 2018, 3:39:41 PM7/22/18
to mbeddr-...@googlegroups.com
OK, done.