Successful Diwali Fete

Pushpa Chandra

Oct 10, 2016, 1:03:27 AM10/10/16
to RWA Google Group
Hello All Residents ,
Thank you all for making our Mayfair Diwali Fete on the 8th October 2016, Saturday a great success . Every one enjoyed the festivities shopping , games
eateries and above all bonding with each other !
I would like to thank the team behind the show from core of my heart .
Vinti Aggarwal of A 62 ,under the guidance of her mother in law Mrs .Sulochna Aggarwal executed whole show beautifully and it was heartening to see her three kids too participated so well with their stalls etc. All decorations came from her own personal collection - and I saw her supervising every thing herself .She was ably helped by our dynamic Sonali Primlani of A 61 - in all the things including marketing - even her children were showcasing their interesting stalls with mouth watering fare .
Lot of work goes behind such an event - our secretory Vinod Hingorani was giving emmence support with most of the requirements ie security ,permissions ,park and traffic management - that was most important for smooth functioning .
Sushil Shahni w
as responsible for making the park ready for the function aesthetics wise and making it safe from dangerous mosquitoes ! His desplay of plants too was remarkable .Jagdish Navani was unable to enthral us with his songs due to malfunction of speakers - sorry for that .
Team was able to get lots of gifts from sponsers too - and that made the raffles interesting .
Again I thank every one for being there , hope to keep on meeting more often and  any suggestions are welcome ,
With Best wishes ,
Pushpa Chandra

Vinti Agarwal

Oct 10, 2016, 1:16:10 AM10/10/16
to Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group
Thank you Pushpa Aunty for the warm compliments. It was indeed a joy planning the fete and even more so this year as all the residents an effort
to attend the fete and take up stalls. Stall holders were very happy as there was record attendance this year. Slowly, our Mayfair Diwali fete is getting popular as a much awaited event in the city calendar.
A big thanks to all our sponsors for the raffle gifts icluding Pankaj Mirchandani, Sonali Primlani, Greenish, Kavita Shahani, Vijay Thadani & PD Agarwal.

Sonali Primlani

Oct 10, 2016, 5:05:55 AM10/10/16
to Vinti Agarwal, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group
Dear Pushpa Aunty,

It's indeed my pleasure to be a part of the organizing team for the Diwali fete, every year. In fact, this year we saw some innovative stalls with food and merchandise.Hope to raise the bar,making it more exciting and fun, every year! Thank you for your encouragement and blessings,which we know are always with us.
I would like to mention a few names, besides Vinti Agarwal,ofcourse,who has spearheaded the grand show.She is remarkable with her organisational skills and dexterity. Your efforts are truly commendable!!!

Mr.Gobind Shahani, who has always supported all social endeavours, and has lent his support for the blind this time around at the Diwali Fete.

P. D Agarwal ji
Pankaj Mirchandani (B 12)
Kabir Advani (B 24)
Arun Mitter (C 29)
Kavita Shahani (apartments)
Greenish
Vijay Thadhani

Thank you for contributing so generously towards the Raffle Prizes!!!

Anybody with ideas, please do contact us to make the next season happier and even more vibrant!

Warmly,
Sonali Primlani
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mayfairgarden-...@googlegroups.com.

Vandana

May 10, 2017, 12:37:12 AM5/10/17
to Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group
There are three thoughts which may be useful in the colony:
1.Disposal of leaves, which lessons could be taken from Defence colony rwa
2.Cleaning of streets- there are piles of leaves which are slowly becoming garbage dumps
3. Using untreated water for personal gardens. Could be a big saving of water in summer.
Happy to discuss these and work on them.
Best,

Dr. Vandana Bhandari
Professor
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
New Delhi -110016
India

Anupam

May 10, 2017, 12:53:48 AM5/10/17
to Vandana, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group
I agree to all the concerns stated and wanted to make all the cleaning staff responsible , as they come for duty in morning but don't perform best to there ability , they end up sitting in park and gossip all day , how do we ensure they work and report to RWA for monthly review

Best Regards

Anupam Bansal
Liberty Group

Neera Misra

May 10, 2017, 12:56:32 AM5/10/17
to Vandana, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group

Dr Vandana

Good suggestions. Which is your residence number. How come I have not yet met you. I go for walks in Tikona around 6.30 / 7 pm. Maybe we could discuss

Thanks

Neera Misra – 09811032388

Chairperson-Trustee

www.draupaditrust.org

Mitchell Abdul Karim Crites

May 10, 2017, 1:09:00 AM5/10/17
to Vandana, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group

Dear all,

Hope all is well.  I agree about the disposal of leaves.  No one came to collect ours,

so I finally paid for them to be taken away.

Also, as the monsoon is approaching, why couldn't we clean the two ancient wells

in the park next to the mosque and collect rain water?  We would be cleaning

ancient monuments and also storing water for the dry season.  Perhaps, the ASI

would help?  There are wells and stepwells all over the city.  Perhaps, we could

start a trend.

Also, I've just returned from abroad and I need someone to come and collect

my dues for the colony.  Could someone call me and arrange a time?  Thanks.

My mobile number is:  09971592759

All the best,

Mitch Crites

A-7 Mayfair Gardens,

Ground Floor

Sent from Outlook

May 10, 2017, 1:37:56 AM5/10/17
to Mitchell Abdul Karim Crites, Vandana, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group
Yes, we too had to pay to have the huge mountain of leaves cleared from near our back gate (A-19).

We also have to pay our garbage collector regularly to have the mess left behind by pets directly outside our back gate. We have requested domestic staff walking the pets to take them to the side or near a tree, but they don't bother. The pet owners must be more considerate to their neighbours.

I am interested in hearing about the Defense Colony experience.

Swati Thakur

May 10, 2017, 2:19:35 AM5/10/17
to Neera Misra, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group
Dear Neera,
I am in B 59 and happy to discuss.

Dr. Vandana Bhandari
Professor
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
New Delhi -110016
India

Mitchell Abdul Karim Crites

May 10, 2017, 4:41:58 AM5/10/17
to Neera Misra, Vandana, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group, farco...@live.com

Dear Neera,

Thanks for offering to get in touch with the ASI.

The architectural remains inside the park were original a khanaqah or sufi

hostel of Khwaja Makhdum  Sabzawari, a Sufi saint, who originally came from

the town of Sabzawar in northern Persia. The two deep wells were built to

sustain the congregation who lived there and all of the visitors who came to

seek spiritual guidance from the saint.  There are also remains of some of the

original buildings where the saint and his followers lived.

When he died, he was buried near his home and a magnificent tomb

was built.  Later in the Lodi period, a mosque with beautiful plaster work

was built.  The remains date from the Khalji through the Lodi period, or

the 14th to the beginning of the sixteenth centuries.   In other words, this

important sufi complex has wonderful architectural features from a sufi hostel,

a mazar/tomb, a mosque as well as two deep wells.  There was never a temple.

All the best,

Mitch

Sending again.  Had a spelling error in the first line.  Sorry.

Dear Neera,

Thanks for offering to get in touch with the ASI.

The architectural remains inside the park were originally a khanaqah or sufi

hostel of Khwaja Makhdum  Sabzawari, a sufi saint, who originally came from

Arun Mirchandani

Aug 14, 2020, 7:32:50 AM8/14/20
to sonalip...@yahoo.com, Vinti Agarwal, Pushpa Chandra, RWA Google Group
Test message RWA google group

Was wondering whether this mail I.d still works
Best wishes
Arun
Mirchandai

Sent from my iPad