Mayfair Park Sculpture Next Steps

Mayfair Civic

Aug 13, 2022, 11:59:02 AM8/13/22
to Mayfair Civic

We have been advised that the sculptor of Bountiful Bench received and accepted an offer to buy the sculpture upon the conclusion of the Dubuque River Walk Exhibition. This means it will not be available for installation in Mayfair Park. We now have two options: (1) forego installation of a sculpture and refund funds set aside to date;  or (2) select an alternate and amend our Contract with the Park District to cover installation of a different sculpture.

There are four packets with six available sculptures by four different artists. The submissions are assembled in four PDFs linked below, which should make them easy to review. Please respond by email to rdup...@rieckcrotty.com within the next week to provide your vote so we may move forward accordingly. If you wish to proceed, please identify your most favored, second most favored and third most favored sculpture by (1) for most, (2) for second, and (3) for third. We will compile results using 3 points for most favored, 2 points for seconds, and 1 for third and assigning a total for each, with the sculpture receiving the highest total of points to be selected to move forward.

Links to PDF packets by artist for your review:

We are disappointed to have to have to go through this process, but are hopeful that an acceptable alternate may be selected.. Please send your votes ASAP this upcoming week, so we have adequate time to move forward one way or another.