Need some help getting started

Ovidiu Pacuraru

Aug 16, 2018, 7:55:17 AM8/16/18
to Mayan EDMS
Running the latest Mayan version via Docker. Seems to be working fine.

Btw. where and how do I stop displaying the admin password in plain text on the initial page?

Here is my scenario in as much detail as I can give in the hopes someone can help me connect the dots.

I am planning to use Mayan for my ISO 27k Documentation.
I have 3 ISO scopes so I would planned to create:

1 cabinet called ISO DOCS with 3 cabinets underneath calles scope1, scope2 and scope3
The idea is to put general docs which apply to all 3 scopes in the main folder and the docs which only apply to the 3 scopes into the corresponding folders.

I need:
1 user with editing rights (me)
2 users who only review a document and then pass it on via a workflow/state/transition or reject it with comments for re-editing
2 users who can approve via the same workflow after a user has reviewed it.

I have created 2 groups: reviewers and approvers, put the right people into the groups, then created 2 roles called them approvers and reviewers again (quite confused about the whole group vs roles usage in Mayan)

Next I created 2 workflows
workflow A docs get reviewed by user A and approved by user C
workflow B docs get reviewed by user B and approved by user D

I created 4 states: "In Progress", "Pending Review", "Pending Approval", "Approved".
The initial state for all uploaded docs should be "Pending Review"

Next I created 3 transitions:
"review failed" which sends a doc back from "Pending Review" to "In Progress"
"review OK" which send a doc from "Pending Review" to "Pending Approval"
"rejected" which send a doc back from "Pending Approval" to "In Progress"

I also created a Document type so that I can assign this document type to my workflows.

I do understand that users need to subscribe to events to get notifications but I am having problem assigning the necessary ACLs to get this scenario working.

The desired result would be:
me: able to upload and basically do everything except review or approve
all other users should only be allowed to read all docs in these 4 cabinets and execute the transitions assigned to the workflows where they are involved.

This sounds quite simple but as I stated in another thread, a lot of connections are unclear due to a missing user manual.

Can someone give me some pointers? I could also make this test installation publicly available for a time and share credentials... its an isolated docker image in my DMZ...

Also, is it possible to switch the view from thumbnails to some kind of list? See here: http://take.ms/vWL5K
Same question for the version overview. In my docker installation the versions show as thumbnails, on the mayan website I see a list: https://www.mayan-edms.com/img/features/document_versioning.png How do I get that view?

Also, a list view is needed, for audits I need to print/download the latest versions of all or selected files from within each folder. Doing this with  the thumbnail view gets quite complicated one by one :-(

I really hope someone can help me out here.

Ovidiu Pacuraru

Aug 16, 2018, 7:56:33 AM8/16/18
to Mayan EDMS
I forgot one more question:
Does Mayan automatically handle and show the versions of a document somewhere or do I need to setup version numbers manually via metadata?

Ovidiu Pacuraru

Aug 20, 2018, 2:44:17 AM8/20/18
to Mayan EDMS
Does anyone have any tips or hints?
Does anyone spot anything I'm missing here?
Any feedback at all?