Cannot access Mayan-edms on Digital Ocean using Docker

Troy Borja

Aug 10, 2018, 12:37:59 AM8/10/18
to Mayan EDMS
Hello,

I created a 4GB Ubuntu 16.04 droplet on DigitalOcean and installed Mayan-edms v3.0.1 using the Docker image instructions. Installation worked and the docker containers for mayan-edms are running. When I try to access Mayan-edms using the IP address of the droplet, the browser says the site is unreachable.

Is there anything else I have to setup to gain access to Mayan-edms?

Roberto Rosario

Aug 15, 2018, 4:17:56 PM8/15/18
to Mayan EDMS
Do a docker logs -f <container name> to examine the logs for errors. Also the container takes some time to start as it performs database migrations and downloads the javascript files for the frontend. It might take between 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes depending on the hardware and internet connection speed.

Troy Borja

Aug 15, 2018, 9:46:58 PM8/15/18
to mayan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Roberto.

I waited for a long time already but the site still seems to be inaccessible. I read somewhere that I might have to set up nginx to expose the mayanedms server.

Anyway, I am located in the Philippines. My company has had experience with KnowledgeTree and Alfresco DMS in the Philippines. The model here that most SMEs are open to for their DMS is on an on premises mode. I am trying to setup Mayanedms on a minipc with a 512GB ssd as a DMS appliance. I would also like Mayanedms preconfigured with cabinets document types, ACL for smes in the Philippines. I was also hoping to bundle the basic 1 hour Mayanedms support per month on every appliance I sell.

What would you suggest as the best way to create a preconfigured Docker image?

Thanks for a great product.

Best Regards,

--

---