how to create metadata?

vsol...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2018, 6:05:38 AM7/25/18
to Mayan EDMS
 I have document type by name "invoice".
I want to link metadata with "invoice". so i created metadata by name "invoice_data" and label "invoice_data" and i left default and lookup empty.
and i set "invoice" as optional in metadata-type  ,Then I tried to add particular file in "Invoice" to metadata I get an error--"
list index out of range
"
Please guide me to create a metadata . thanks in advance..

Roberto Rosario

Aug 20, 2018, 12:45:07 AM8/20/18
to Mayan EDMS
After you create the metadata type and associate it to a document type as you did. You use the "Add metadata" button in the document view first before attempting to edit the metadata which still doesn't exists for the document. If you try to edit a non existing metadata it is supposed to redirect you to add it first. It seem in your case this code failed and showed an error instead. Please provide a screenshot of the error in console so we can pinpoint what failed and fix it. Thanks.