Great SW - but there is a few things I can't figure out

Axel Juhl

Jul 16, 2018, 7:07:43 AM7/16/18
to Mayan EDMS
Thank you this is great open source software :-)
Testing latest release (docker 3.01) there is a few things I can't figure out:
1) How to select a specific user or group in a workflow to approve a certain state and how to get him/she notified
2) how to mass approve documents in a workflow and
3) how to write an index filter which can convert metadata to numerical representations for computation (they are all strings) - do I have to register a custom django filter ?
Br Axel

Axel Juhl

Aug 12, 2018, 8:02:51 AM8/12/18
to Mayan EDMS
Hello again
I wonder if anybody can help - is there a documentation for this or do I need to pay for support (which I'm willing to ) :-)
Br Axel

Ovidiu Pacuraru

Aug 14, 2018, 10:14:15 AM8/14/18
to Mayan EDMS
I had the exact question over here, lets see if there is any reply: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mayan-edms/oEQxFkQNbPI/16hbtSifCAAJ

Roberto Rosario

Aug 15, 2018, 4:22:19 PM8/15/18
to Mayan EDMS
Thanks!

1- The way notifications work in Mayan is via subscription to events. The user must be subscribed to the document's events to receive notification about changes to a document. We've discussed the possible implementation of a "workflow inbox" to received a list of pending workflows to attend by assignment. If we finish the specifications of this we might start working on it soon.
2- At the moment this is not possible. If we implement the workflow inbox feature, the it will possible to add a multi select as it is done in the document list view for example.
3- I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you expand on it?

Roberto Rosario

Aug 15, 2018, 4:53:48 PM8/15/18
to Mayan EDMS
The issue tracking the Workflow assignment/inbox feature: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/471

The decision blocking implementation is if whether to allow assigment to an user, group or role. Also should this assignment be "free for all" meaning any user in the system or to a restricted list defined somehwere else like in the workflow definition itself. We need to come up with a solution that works for 95% of cases and not just for document approval type workflows. This is the main point we are trying to define to start working on this feature, everything we've figured out.