New to Mayan, trying to change settings, getting manage.py error

Adam Kaney

Jul 25, 2018, 1:44:35 PM7/25/18
to Mayan EDMS
I just recently installed Mayan doing the advanced install on Ubuntu 18.04.

I'm trying to change the storage locations.

I created a mysettings file per the instructions on the Mayan website:

#!/opt/mayan-edms/bin/python
from mayan.settings.production import *

DOCUMENTS_CACHE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS='{location: /media/145mayan/document_cache}'

DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS='{location: /media/145mayan/document_storage}'

When I run python manage.py runserver --settings=mayan.media.mayan_settings.mysettings

I get the error: python: can't open file 'manage.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I'm still new to this, so hopefully it is just something simple that I'm missing

Roberto Rosario

Aug 8, 2018, 5:49:51 PM8/8/18
to Mayan EDMS
Try adding an empty __init__.py to mayan.media and to mayan.media.mayan_settings so that mysetting is importable
You can use the touch command:

touch /opt/mayan-edms/mayan/media/__init__.py
touch /opt/mayan-edms/mayan/media/mayan_settings/__init__.py

If you installed version 3.0, the initialsetup command should have created these for you.