Help with Access Control

Ray Hendricks

Aug 3, 2018, 4:56:12 PM8/3/18
to Mayan EDMS
Right now I have a document type of Default and all users have access to these files. I would like to have a document type of Personal and have me be the only one that can view these. I've tried setting this up with Types, roles, groups, ACL, etc. but honestly, I'm lost and can't get it to work. Is anyone willing to walk me through the process of setting this up?

Roberto Rosario

Aug 20, 2018, 12:38:16 AM8/20/18
to Mayan EDMS
1. Create a new user group. [Setup] -> [Groups], [Actions] -> [New]
2. Add yourself to the new group. Example: "Personal"  [Setup] -> [Groups] -> [Personal] -> [Users]
3. Create a new role. Example "Personal" [Setup] -> [Roles], [Actions] -> [New]
4. Add your group (Personal) to the role (Personal).  [Setup] -> [Roles] -> [Groups]
5. Go to the Personal document type and click on ACLs   [Setup] -> [Roles] -> [Personal] -> [ACLs]
6. Create a new ACL and choose your role (Personal) and grant it all the permissions you need/want.  [Actions] -> [New ACL]

Upload a document using the "Personal" document type and check as another user or a test user to make sure the setup worked.