Groomable Xgen no longer groomable?

Steve Davy

Aug 30, 2023, 9:14:19 PM8/30/23
to Maya Group
OK, we all know Xgen in Maya is a convoluted mess that's full of user gotchas and bugs that break it.

This is probably a newbie user error, but what could have broken my groomable fur collection such that it is no longer responding to any of the grooming tools? The project has not been moved or modified, the Xgen folder is still there and the Ptex files for all the grooming tools that I've used are still there.

My best guess is the links to these files have been lost somehow, but I don't know to fix this.

Everything renders just fine, but I can now no longer make further edits to the groom that involve using the grooming tools.