Character Generator

Steve Davy

Apr 13, 2023, 1:45:29 PM4/13/23
to Maya Group
To be a bit more specific, I'm getting "Could not verify access privileges" if I try to log in right through Maya with my working creds for ShotGrid.

Has it been killed, moved, renamed, eloped? Are the live links that are still all over the web and inside Maya itself now just another waste of space?

I really don't want to have to try to decipher Autodesk's licensing small print, and I don't think there's anyone in my company who has time either.

stephen mann

Apr 13, 2023, 9:30:29 PM4/13/23
to maya...@googlegroups.com
Ive never used it ,  but it does show up in my available apps on the website

 However with that said   If i needed to do what it does  . Id look at  metahumans or real illusion character creator

Hth

-=s

On Apr 13, 2023, at 1:45 PM, Steve Davy <stevi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

To be a bit more specific, I'm getting "Could not verify access privileges" if I try to log in right through Maya with my working creds for ShotGrid.

Has it been killed, moved, renamed, eloped? Are the live links that are still all over the web and inside Maya itself now just another waste of space?

I really don't want to have to try to decipher Autodesk's licensing small print, and I don't think there's anyone in my company who has time either.

Steve Davy

Apr 19, 2023, 8:21:49 PM4/19/23
to maya...@googlegroups.com
We started using Metahumans, but then couldn't due to licensing issues.

Based on what I saw it would be great for facial animation and has incredible detail, but really lacks diversity in terms of character design options.

Anyhoo, seems like we did buy a copy of Character Creator so future needs should be covered.

Apr 20, 2023, 3:50:25 PM4/20/23
to maya...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried it yet. but you can use your own geometry for metahumans using mesh to metahuman ( not entirely sure how flexible it is )
but i am working on a quick system to take the metahuman face animation from unreal and pipe it into anything..

Steve Davy

Apr 21, 2023, 2:49:44 PM4/21/23
to maya...@googlegroups.com
Steve --

Wait, you're working on the development of the system that's on that page?