Moire pattern on model

joiec...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2023, 5:28:46 AM9/4/23
to maya_he3d
Hi there,
I'm getting horrendous Moire pattern on the roof of an alpine building and I was wondering how to get rid of it.
The problem is that the roof is NOT a texture, so I can't blur it or do a texture hack. It is modeled, like this one:

Galvanized-Thin-Corrugated-Metal-Laminate-Sheet-for-Shed-Roof.png
Any tips on increasing the samples on that roof or any workaground?
Thanks!

Anthony Enos

Sep 4, 2023, 2:03:56 PM9/4/23
to maya...@googlegroups.com
Maybe either a very subtle rotation on each panel or a low frequency displacement if the model holds up to it? If all the panels were perfect, you'd get the same effects in real life, so it's a tough one to get rid of without adding some imperfection.

Ron Viers

Sep 4, 2023, 4:06:34 PM9/4/23
to maya...@googlegroups.com
have you tried changing the filter width or type? if that's an option

joie

Sep 4, 2023, 11:41:33 PM9/4/23
to maya...@googlegroups.com
Well, I tried to use adaptive sampling with max samples of 8 and still wasn't enough. You are right, in real life the effect is the same, although SLR cameras deal with it much better. In the end I've replaced those roofs with a flat plane and do the lines with bump that simplifies based on distance.

Libre de virus.www.avast.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "maya_he3d" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maya_he3d/CAK-JFgav7O_jJyEUez8frFpR%3D_7VNXXw3gK%2BS0qA8UfXMAbc%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Visita mi blog: 3djoie.blogspot.com