extracting all bioclimatic variables from the one .tiff file

yaggy...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2024, 8:43:02 AMMar 6
to Maxent
Anyone can please assist me in extracting all bioclimatic variables from the one .tiff in GIS platform like ARC GIS.

yaggy...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2024, 9:55:41 AMMar 6
to Maxent
I want to do future prediction in MaxEnt.
I downloaded the future climatic data from worldclim, the bioclimatic variables have only one file (.tif).
All the bioclimatic variables must be in that one .tif file.
Now, how to I get all the bioclimatic variables for maxent modeling for future?

Gebreyohannes Zenebe

Mar 6, 2024, 10:14:23 AMMar 6
to max...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean by extracting all environmental variables?
Do you mean extracting the values of all variables to the species occurrence locations or masking the variables to the extent of your area of interest?

yaggy...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2024, 10:16:42 AMMar 6
to Maxent
When downloading bioclimatic variable from worldclim for future climatic data, it has only one file (.tif), how do i get all 19 bioclimatic variables?

serkan gul

Mar 6, 2024, 10:29:39 AMMar 6
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If I understand true it, you want to gain 19 variables from one tiff.
In ArcGis, open ArcToolbox, then >Data Management Tools > Layers and Table Views > Make Raster Layer

Enter your tiff layer to Input raster, write output raster layer name, select from Bands and ok. You should do it for each band (variable) again and again.

All the best,
Serkan

On 6 Mar 2024, at 18:16, yaggy...@gmail.com <yaggy...@gmail.com> wrote:

When downloading bioclimatic variable from worldclim for future climatic data, it has only one file (.tif), how do i get all 19 bioclimatic variables?

Gebreyohannes Zenebe

Mar 6, 2024, 10:45:26 AMMar 6
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Use the link below to access the 30 arcsecond (~1 km) bioclim variables.

Pritam Chhetri

Mar 7, 2024, 4:12:24 AMMar 7
to Maxent
Hello!
The raster file that gets downloaded is a multiband raster. You have to extract the 19 bioclim variables from it. For that here's the code for you to use in r.
Firstinstall relevant packages and then load the libraries.
install.packages("raster")
install.packages("rgdal")
install.packages("doParallel")
library (sp)
library(raster)
library(foreach)
library(snow)
library(parallel)
library(doParallel)

#####set working directory to folder where you have kept the multiband raster file.
setwd("/media/pritam/HHD_1/Tibetan Partridge SDM/UKESM1-0-LL_ssp126_2061-2080")
s1<-brick("wc2.1_30s_bioc_UKESM1-0-LL_ssp126_2061-2080.tif")

registerDoParallel(4)   ##use maximum CPU cores you have in your workstation.
foreach (i = 1:nlayers(s1))%dopar%{
  r<-s1[[i]]
  layer=paste("bio",i,".tif",sep="")
  writeRaster(r, layer)
}

this will solve your problem.
if the configuration of your laptop is not very good then it will take time and you have to have patience.