How to run Maxent on Macbook Air M1

Rollyna Domingo

May 19, 2021, 2:41:28 PM5/19/21
to Maxent
Hi! I recently downloaded maxent on my mac and this appears whenever i try to supply the files. i cant seem to select or nothing appears.

i hope someone can answer this thank you!
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.52.13 AM.png

Linus Chevrolet

May 19, 2021, 3:29:06 PM5/19/21
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rollins,
I had the same issue. An easy way to fix this is to put your samples and environmental layers in something like a OneDrive folder, but make sure that it’s not located on your desktop. Hope this works for you.. I think it’s a Mac-wide issue with Maxent
Cheers

On 19 May 2021, at 7:41 pm, Rollyna Domingo <roll...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi! I recently downloaded maxent on my mac and this appears whenever i try to supply the files. i cant seem to select or nothing appears.

i hope someone can answer this thank you!

<Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.52.13 AM.png>

Rollyna Domingo

May 23, 2021, 11:17:08 PM5/23/21
to max...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much! I tried running maxent on an older macbook I have and it works fine. But I think I will try this for my M1.

Have a great day ahead!
Cheers,
Rollyna

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Maxent" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maxent/31A1EE52-39E7-4378-8F02-379058D70CAC%40gmail.com.

Aditwi

Oct 23, 2023, 8:12:04 AM10/23/23
to Maxent
Hi I am Aditi !
I recently got M1 and I don't know how to get the software installed. Could anybody kindly help !
Thank you !!

Rollyna Domingo

Nov 10, 2023, 7:12:40 AM11/10/23
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello Aditwi!

It's been two years since I did my thesis using Maxent. Back then, I just opted to run it on an older Mac (as my previous laptop was still quite functional) and it went smoothly. It has been a couple of years since so there might be solutions out there already. I haven't run Maxent on my M1 yet since then. I would love to hear anything if ever you find any leads on this. Good luck on the project!

Cheers,
Rollyna

Rollyna Domingo

Mar 25, 2024, 2:20:51 PMMar 25
to Maxent
Hello to everyone emailing me through this old email seeking for advise regarding using Maxent or even running it on Mac,

Apologies for not being able to respond promptly. I noticed a lot were researchers doing their PhD's or MSc projects. I'm dropping by here again to let you know that you may email me in rollyna...@gmail.com for any inquiries.

Best of luck,
Rollyna