mtss omission rate

Rogério

Dec 4, 2023, 11:34:53 AM12/4/23
to Maxent
To discuss the omission error of a model, do I use the omission result from training or testing? In the ENMEVAL article, it talks about the test result (?) for MTP and 10%, but is it for maxSSS? What is the expected value of the omission error for maxSSS?

Example for this model in SDMtune package:

Maximum training sensitivity plus specificity
Cloglog value:   0.574666206
Fractional predicted area: 0.15
Training omission rate : 0.44
Test omission rate: 0.05

Maximum test sensitivity plus specificity
Cloglog value:   0.59
Fractional predicted area: 0.14
Training omission rate : 0.45
Test omission rate: 0.05

Which result is correct to say the model omission error? Training or testing?

And to generate the binary map, I must use the test cloglog, correct?