Fatal error in Maxent

Lourens

Jul 25, 2011, 7:51:33 AM7/25/11
to Maxent
I am running Maxent 3.3.3e with following:
10 Variables, 400 test points Cross validation with 10 folds.
Everything works untill it needs to write the avarage model output to
a html file, then i get java error below. All plots are in plot
folder, except for avg model where there are 5 out of 10 missing. This
only happened after i updated my presense file with 10 points. if i
run it on original dataset it works out fine. Anyone with similar
problem and ideas on how to fix this.
Thanks

Fatal Error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 195

at density.Runner.interpolateCatValues(Runner.java:915)
at density.Runner.replicatedProfiles(Runner.java:817)
at density.Runner.replicateHtmlPage(Runner.java:697)
at density.Runner.maybeReplicateHtml(Runner.java:625)
at density.Runner.start(Runner.java:583)
at density.GUI$7.construct(GUI.java:319)
at density.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:108)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

David Galbraith

Jul 26, 2011, 11:32:19 AM7/26/11
to max...@googlegroups.com
You could try to reset the maximum usable memory in the Java code, but I don't think it will help if you are running it from a Windows 32-bit system.

Dave

Lourens

Jul 27, 2011, 4:24:19 AM7/27/11
to Maxent
Thanx David, but as you mentioned it does not work. i am running it on
max (1.3GB). I found that if i recreate the ascii folder and rerun it,
then it works. It is somehow related to the maxent.cache folder in the
ascii folder, but even if i delete it, it still gives the error. a new
ascii folder needs to be created for it to run. What is strange is
that if i run it on less gps locations it works as well...