mavlink2rest: Bringing mavlink closer to web technologies

patrick JP

Sep 2, 2020, 7:00:00 PM9/2/20
to mav...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

As some of you probably know, I have been working with mavlink2rest, a tool
that provides a REST API with GET and POST methods for the entire ardupilotmega
dialect. The last version (0.9.0) also provides the websocket functionality, allowing
web applications to get real time data with a friendly json format.

With that said, I'm aiming to create a major release for the first stable API,
and since I'm out of ideas about the funcionaties that may be desired for
development, I would like to ask for the mavlink community for ideas and
also critical feedback :)

If someone may be asking about how performatic is the tool, you can check the benchmarks here.

If someone wants to test it, there is a binary available for the most common
architectures under the release tags.

I hope that everybody is going well during these pandemic times.

My best regards,,

--
Patrick José Pereira
Electronics Engineer

Bart Hodlik

Nov 23, 2020, 12:08:52 PM11/23/20
to MAVLink
I would need to learn more about this, but it sounds like it may fit in well with my attempts at implementing Apache Nifi for drone comms and control.

patrick JP

Nov 24, 2020, 5:37:48 PM11/24/20
to mav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bart,

Let me know if you need any help to use mavlink2rest, it appears to be a great scenario to use it!

My best regards,

--
Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie in Google Groups E-Mails von der Gruppe "MAVLink" abonniert haben.

Bart Hodlik

Apr 20, 2021, 5:40:19 PM4/20/21
to MAVLink
Hey Patrick,

How time flies.... I didn't realize that I reached out to you in November. So I finally got back to mavlink2rest. Got it all up and running and also coupled to mavlink-router.
We also hooked mavlink2rest to Node-Red and Apache Nifi. With experimenting with sending POST commands through postman, we are noticing that the sysid seems to be stripped from the messages? Is that right? We're getting the rest of the message but not compid and sysid.