Arduino commands to PIXHAWK - Robot Lawn Mower

Philip Read

Jul 5, 2021, 12:21:41 PM7/5/21
to MAVLink
Hello All,
I'm developing an existing Arduino based robot lawn mower project  ( www.repalmakershop.com ) to work with a PIXHAWK ROVER and Mission Planner.
They will be used to execute missions to mow lawns via RTK GPS.

The current mower is based on Arduino control.  I would like to send commands from the Arduino to the PIXHAWK and the PIXHAWK to the Arduino to:

Start Missions
Stop Missions
Return to Home
etc..

Is this possible with the MAVLINK library and could someone help with sample code to send a command from the Arduino to PIXHAWK.

That would be very helpful so i understand how the code works.
Then i can take it from there to program the logic on the Arduino.

Thanks so much for any help
Phil

Hamish Willee

Jul 15, 2021, 2:49:03 AM7/15/21
to MAVLink
Sorry for late response. There is no such thing as Pixhawk Rover - pixhawk is a flight controller hardware not a flight stack. However since you refer to mission planner I assume you mean ArduPilot flight stack.

The short answer is "sure". The commands you need are available in MAVLink. YOu would probably use the python libraries - https://mavlink.io/en/mavgen_python/ or dronekit: https://dronekit-python.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

There should be enough on either of those to work out how to do this. Links to support forums and examples should be available from both those links.