New MAVLink autopilot from PitLab

Piotr Laskowski

Mar 20, 2021, 12:43:41 PM3/20/21
to MAVLink

Hello
We develop and sell since 2012 one more autopilot branded "PitLab". Since last year it support MAVLink. In HEARTBEAT message we send autopilot type GENERIC, but see here is many other kinds of AP present.
May I ask to assign the "PitLab" to the next free number with adnotation to website pitlab.com ?
Thank you in advance.

Hamish Willee

Mar 21, 2021, 11:37:16 PM3/21/21
to MAVLink
Thanks, is the autopilot pitlab or Dedalus ?

I presume you are asking for https://mavlink.io/en/messages/common.html#MAV_AUTOPILOT to have a value https://mavlink.io/en/messages/common.html#MAV_AUTOPILOT_DEDALUS ?

PitLab

Mar 22, 2021, 10:23:25 AM3/22/21
to MAVLink
Both autopilots use the same core, difference is only in size and IO possibilities. Very soon both devices will be integrated into one universal device with possibility of both. The future autopilot can work independent as Dedalus and cooperate with OSD still keeping small enough size. Good idea is to keep name Dedalus for next versions of this device.

Yes, I am asking about MAV_AUTOPILOT.

Hamish Willee

Mar 23, 2021, 8:40:34 PM3/23/21
to MAVLink
Please create a PR for the addition in https://github.com/mavlink/mavlink/blob/master/message_definitions/v1.0/minimal.xml#L5 and we can take it from there.

The purpose of this field is high level compatibility of the flight stack. In other words the entry in MAV_AUTOPILOT should be the name of the flight stack and won't change as you get new hardware.

--
Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie in Google Groups ein Thema der Gruppe "MAVLink" abonniert haben.

PitLab

Mar 24, 2021, 10:55:17 AM3/24/21
to MAVLink
Thank you. I did it.

Hamish Willee

Mar 24, 2021, 5:41:54 PM3/24/21
to MAVLink
I can't see any PR, but will review when we do.