Problem receiving STATUSTEXT messages with mavutil

Tyler Hill

Jan 2, 2024, 3:16:35 PMJan 2
to MAVLink
MAVLink Community,

I wanted to replicate the QGroundControl functionality of getting STATUSTEXT messages in the COMM tab (I believe it's called) such as "[14:04:23.336] Critical: Preflight Fail: Kill switch engaged". I wrote this ROS2 node to run on my companion computer, connect to the flight controller running PX4 over MAVLink, and listen for messages (code attached). It returns no messages but seems to receive every message but the STATUSTEXT ones when removing the `type='STATUSTEXT'` filter. I can verify the STATUSTEXT messages exist under Analyze Tools > MAVLink Inspector in QGroundControl but I can't see them with my code.

Any help would be appreciated.
I launch my node in ROS2 with the following command: ros2 launch connect_pkg mavlink_messages.launch.py id:=QROW10_0_2_6

Best,
Tyler
mavlink_messages.py
mavlink_messages.launch.py

Tyler Hill

Jan 12, 2024, 2:14:56 PMJan 12
to MAVLink
Update: I get STATUSTEXT messages using MAVProxy so I'll just be using that.