Gimbal control in PX4

Curtis Z

Mar 4, 2021, 9:53:45 AM3/4/21
to MAVLink

Hello,

I am working with a CUAV V5+, an SBGC v3.6 "Extended" gimbal controller, and some gimbal motors. I have been able to control the gimbal motors properly through the simpleBGC app but not through QGroundControl. I am trying to use mavlink commands to move the gimbal in QGC.

I tried the MAV_CMD_DO_GIMBAL_MANAGER_CONFIGURE command in the mavlink console but it said command not found

I have the following settings configured:

In GCS:
MNT_MODE_IN: MAVLINK_DO_MOUNT
MNT_MODE_OUT: MAVLINK
MAV_1_CONFIG: TELEM2
MAV_1_MODE: NORMAL
MAV_1_RATE: 11520 B/s

In SimpleBGC:
RC Settings
RC_ROLL pin mode: Serial port (Serial API, etc)
ROLL/PITCH/YAW: no input

External IMU
Model: MavLink FC channel 1
Connection: UART1
Serial port: UART1
System ID/Component Id: 1 154
Port settings: 115200, none parity
send heartbeat: yes
Query RC data: yes

Hamish Willee

Mar 7, 2021, 4:54:20 PM3/7/21
to MAVLink
The gimbal manager API is VERY new and WIP. It might not be supported in the version of the flight stack you are using. What flight stack/version are you using?

Curtis Z

Mar 8, 2021, 8:43:48 AM3/8/21
to MAVLink

I'm using PX4 firmware: 1.11.0 dev

Thanks,
Curtis

Hamish Willee

Mar 9, 2021, 4:12:42 PM3/9/21
to MAVLink
Thanks. I can see the discussion progressing in PX4 channels with Julian. He's the expert on this API.